Page 15 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Wasn't it the monster that did that? The others aren't superhumans or anything, and a normal person can't break every bone in a persons body.
    First time I ever heard this. All of the characters believed it was Ethan who killed Scott. Ethan also left a note saying he would kill an additional person for each day that they held off in handing Claire back to him. There was never any hint that it might have been the monster.

And the episodes dealing with Ethan definitely inferred that he had abnormal strength. That's why he was able to get up after Jack gave him a pounding and why Sawyer said (right before Charlie shot him) "I want to know who or what this guy is!"

Another interesting clue about this is an interview I read with Michael Emerson (who plays Henry/Ben). Emerson said that in the scene from the episode last fall when Ben leads Sawyer up the mountain (to show him that they were on a separate island), while filming the scene, the director kept stressing to him to look relaxed like he was having an easy time scaling the hill, while Sawyer on the other hand was clearly exhausted and out of breath.

2. Hell I don't remember shit from those old ass episodes. I just don't see how Ethan could have broken every bone in someone's body.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Awesome episode. It's also really hitting home for me (all the cancer talk) We got lots of info:

- Mikhail has gotten all the info on the Losties
    - Why Juliet came to the island
    - What purpose the island serves (or served or whatever)
    - Juliet is still working with the Others

The buzz on Lost forums is how Juliet knew that Swayer killed a man the night before the boared the plan when there were no witnesses and Swayer hadn't told anyone. People are saying that the smoke monster scanned him, but Swayer hadn't been exposed to the lights or whatever. Even if somehow the smoke monster did, why didn't Swayer act shocked when Juliet mentioned it?

4. I think that in the end Juliet will say fuck you to the others and side with Jack.
    Last edited by elfneedsfood; 12 Apr 2007 at 02:53 PM.

5. It's very possible as to plan a double screwjob onto Ben, as that's who she really has the beef with.

Well, I think it would be logical that the Others, who have their hands in everything it seems, would be able to find out that Sawyer killed Duckett through the man who set up Sawyer to do that (from season 1). They could simply find the obit for Duckett and through fact finding, see that Sawyer's friend set him up. (All of this, if I'm remembered the episode correctly)

I agree with Mrs. D_N_G (not soon to be Mrs. Port )that it's totally to get Sun, at least as a primary objective. It also may be the set up to attempt a 'purge' on the 815 camp as well, akin to the purge Dharma tried on the Others. The Others may regard the 815ers as too much of a threat, now that they know where the barracks are.

My woman does believe that Mikhail is still alive though. She thinks it's either true or production error because she swears he was still breathing. She's been right before (calling Sun cheating on Jin and other things).

Big spoiler for next week: They're introducing a character who is not an Other, not in a flashback, and not from 815. Interesting.

6. Crackpot theory time!

Who or what is Jacob? The guy has been mentioned many times as 'magnificent', 'a great man', etc etc. Here's my insane theory about what he is.

He is clearly the light that makes all the Others think they are 'good' and what they are doing is the right thing. However, we know that they employ brainwashing (Karl in room 23) so it could just be that. Jacob may just be an allusion to a concept that was created by all the brainwashing similar to how the concept of God was long ago, from an atheist perspective.

We haven't seen him nor have any indication where he could be. He could just the image of many dillusional minds.

Building on that, here's another crackpot theory: There was a psychology station, as evidenced by the very first orientation video. What we see where Karl was is part of that. It grew out of control (much like the Swan did) and the mindf!cked individuals became the Others and rebeled against Dharma.

7. Thats theory does make some sense. Clearly the Others aren't Dharma so it's possible that Others before were just like the lie Micheal said in season 2 (living in huts and eating fish) until Dharma came in possibly because of it's electro magnetic qualities and healing abilities use the others are experiments until they go haywire when the Others became civilized and the purge happens.

8. I guess the others took off to the other island, can't risk sticking around there since the barracks have been found out. Sounds like they will pull the trigger for Juliets plan next week.

Well they brought that "it" back to the show...I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 12 Apr 2007 at 05:21 PM.

9. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what happened at the end. I fell asleep 15 min before the show ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. Everything.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.