Page 3 of 202 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    What's with TNL's distain for long threads all of a sudden?
    cka claims they're attacking the mainframe.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Got some Matrix/Butterfly Effect vibes from this episode. Not sure where you draw the above comment from because what was said does lead us to believe that everything on the Island is predestined.
    The time shift comment? I drew that from the fact that the flashback began with Desmond waking up looking confused, then acting as though "Wow, how'd I get back here?" Not to mention the time travel conversation he had with his physicist friend. Just saying that I think Desmond's abilities and the flashback could have more than one explanation besides just the EMP field itself.

Obviously, it looks set in stone that quite a few things on the island are preset but how much of it is really preset or maybe some force (the smoke, "the island" whatever) guiding things to its advantage?

Here's what I find interesting: the old lady keeps telling Desmond he is the one to man the station and enter the numbers, ranting about how he CAN'T marry Penny, because HE has to go to the island and enter the numbers. How so? Calvin Inman was entering the numbers for years and if Desmond hadn't come along, someone else would have washed ashore later to push it for him. As Inman himself said to Desmond (before he was killed) "I needed another sucker to save the world!"

So, whenever someone like the old lady or "Yemi" appears to folks such as Eko, Locke and Desmond, their speech is always so adamant that there is no choice, YOU are the one that has got to do this, ect. which makes me suspicious.

Anyways, with this episode it's interesting how much Desmond has changed in attitude since when he was introduced last season. I remember when he once said to Locke "Don't mistake fate for coincidence."

edit: Someone on lost-forum.com was theorizing that the old lady was smokey trying to get Desmond to carry out its orders and pointed out something interesting. She firmly told Desmond "Nothing can be changed." Yet, last week, Alex's boyfriend was being subjected to a brainwashing film which prominently flashed "EVERYTHING CHANGES." Interesting. Maybe a clue that two bigger viewpoints on the island are currently clashing with each other?
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 15 Feb 2007 at 04:16 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kevincal View Post
    I thought it was a much better start than season 2. It also helped that it was the first time I watched a 'LOST" episode on a 60 inch wide screen in HD.
    A better start? This is midway through the 3rd season.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. The episode was pretty meh IMO. Some obvious backstory, but no real info on what exactly happened when the key was turned. A strange dream sequence and...? This episode seemed like a fill-in, a 'We just want to address this real quick and move' type of deal.

Next week's does look much better though.

5. I thought last nights episode was fantastic. While it didn't tell all that much in terms of island story, I thought it was easily one of the most well done flashbacks out of all 3 seasons. Plus it tied in events on the island to explaining Desmond's past in a weird fucked up unexplained way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Time loops make me feel funny in the head.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. edit: Here is one awesome audio Easter Egg from last week's episode which ties in perfectly with this week's theme:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2...-time-and.html

Thought you might like to try reversing the audio in the scene with Karl strapped to the chair in Room 23. There is a backwards message in the first half of the film (this is a technique called "backmasking"). It's a woman repeating the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space".
    Screencap of the guard from last week's episode. The book he was reading was Hawking's "A brief history of Time." Below is the screencap and a scan of the page.

http://i6.tinypic.com/2eey2xv.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nh/3y43nsx.jpg

Also, the old lady herself just happened to be named....Ms. Hawking.

Biggest clues to this affect since Sawyer reading "A Wrinkle in Time." It will be interesting to see how these elements pay off later and whether or not they impact the whole destiny plot somehow.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 16 Feb 2007 at 05:14 AM.

8. I didn't make any comments on the return episode, Not in Portland, even though a lot happened. Only thing I wanted to point out is that it was really obvious that the bus hit was coming because you could see thebus in the distance when Juliet and the guy were talking.

I just watched last week's episode about Desmond. That was a really good episode. I really felt sorry for Desmond that he went back in time and had the chance to make another choice or if it really did at all and it was just a big tease.

There are many theories going around about time travel and whether the old lady was the smoke and whatnot. Many of it is basically Final Destination/Groundhog Day-esque.

I have a theory (actually, two) that I'm going to be working on that seems extremely solid. Part of one of my theories explaings this:

(Live Together Die Alone Screen Captures - last episode of season 2)

(Flashes Before Your Eyes - last week's episode)

How can they both have a copy of a picture that there only is one of?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC View Post
    Only fools are enslaved by time and space"
    What if Desmond didn't have to take the path he did? That's why he's a "fool" for being "enslaved" by the old lady's comments.

9. Nice catch on the pics. Maybe she mailed it to him in the island.

Ok, bare w/me on this as I'm not the original poster of this pic. I believe the bigger pic is the actual camera angle for the ep while the insert is the photo so the angles could possibly be off, however, the shirts do look different too.

You guys nitpick over some stupid fucking shit.