Page 5 of 202 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Well it felt like 30 min to me I could have sworn some of the episode segments were less then 7 min long in between commercials.
    You should stop watching shows with commercials.

I use public trackers, and I was watching Lost at midnight EST.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You should stop watching shows with commercials.
    I'm an impatient mother fucker, and I have to be up early so waiting till midnight isn't an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Then shut the fuck up and stop complaining.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Then shut the fuck up and stop complaining.
    NO U.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. I didn't think this weeks episode could suck worse than last.

Boy was I wrong.

6. Wow, awful. What the hell happened to this show.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. I thought it was a fun Hurley episode granted nothing about the island was revealed but it went back to what the show is about and that's the characters. And as usual next week looks like it'll be a good episode.

8. This episode purely felt comedic. We also got some things cleared up:

- Sayid said he knows what happened with Michael and Walt
    - Hurley told everyone what happened when they got captured when he was talking to Libby's grave
    - Kate for returning to the island and allowing us to hear from Sayid that Hurley told Sayid and Locke what happened

The whole Hurley coming over his curse and the message from his dad about making your own luck and having hope allplays a significant role in Hurley's life and his desire to finally break his curse.

As I stated, this episode was really funny. There were several golden quotes in this episode. Hell, the title is even random but a good laugh (Tricia Tanaka is Dead). Here are some of the quotes:

Hurley: "Shut up you... RED... NECK... MAN!"
    Sawyer: "Touché!"

Sawyer (to Charlie): "Hey Oliver Twist, where's my stuff?"

Sawyer (arm held out towards Hurly): "International House of Pancakes.."

Hurley (to Jin): "Dude. Roger was on a beer run."

Hurley: "Crafty. It's like when you're... good at crafts."

Sawyer (to Jin): "Hey, look who's hooked on phonics!"

Hurley: "That beer's as old as Rocky III."

Swayer making a Skeletor reference to Roger was rich.

Probably one of the lines that had a big impact and is in my top 10 lines ever said in the show:

Hurley: "Let's look death in the face and say whatever man."

Ya, pretty good episode. I don't know what the fuck you guys are expecting from this show. There's a long way to go. You're not getting any answers. Enjoy the ride or gtfo.

Like Hurley said, it's time we had some fun, and that's exactly what this episode did.

9. I thought this ep was much better than last. Sure, nothing about the island was revealed, get over it. I read somewhere that ABC has signed this show for 5 years, they have time and aren't going to give everything away now. Aren, all those lines were hilarious. And come on Cheech was on this one! What I thought was funny was that they drank all that beer and not only were they still sober, but they didn't get bitter beer face.

10. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    - Sayid said he knows what happened with Michael and Walt
    - Hurley told everyone what happened when they got captured when he was talking to Libby's grave
    - Kate for returning to the island and allowing us to hear from Sayid that Hurley told Sayid and Locke what happened
    Your little synopsis makes the episode sound even more awful then it actually was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I thought this ep was much better than last. Sure, nothing about the island was revealed, get over it. I read somewhere that ABC has signed this show for 5 years, they have time and aren't going to give everything away now.
    That's no excuse, especially considering there are plenty of other shows out there that have been signed for 5+ years, or have been around for 5+ years and stuff actually happens in an episode to progress the core narrative and keep the viewer interested.

It's fine to have flashbacks, it's fine to have back story, but it's boring and annoying to have Hurley (or insert random character here) chase the dog into the forest for the 7th time, and instead of build a golf course find a car and get it running. It's been done before in a ever slightly different context and it's only the third season, and that my friend there is no excuse for.
    Last edited by Brand X; 01 Mar 2007 at 07:34 AM.
    Eat a bag of dicks.