Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys and Aliens

1. Film Cowboys and Aliens

Can't believe there's no thread for this. If there is please merge.

Director: Jon Faverau
    Exec. Producers: Steven Spielberg, Kurtzman, Orci

Actors:
    Daniel Craig as Jake Johnson
    Harrison Ford as Colonel Dolarhyde
    Olivia Wilde as Ella
    Sam Rockwell as Doc

Plot:

1873. Arizona Territory. A stranger (Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don’t welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford). It’s a town that lives in fear.
    But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.
    Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he’s been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive traveler Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents—townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors—all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

First pic from the movie.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cowboys-tn.jpg 
Views:	921 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	57051  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. How bout a release date?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I have to admit that I probably would write this off if it wasn't for the director and the fact that I dig Daniel Craig.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    How bout a release date?
    July of next year.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Too early for me to care. Does sound like it could be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    July of next year.
    And why exactly would you not include that in the initial post? Ya know that's something kind of important to know.

Seriously, start posting the release dates in all these fucking movie threads you keep posting.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. So, is this going to be another Jonah Hex or something new and better?

Sounds amazingly stupid.

9. Wasn't this the comic that flooded itself into comic stores despite the fact no one actually ordered it, in a hilariously transparent effort to use its status as a "top-seller" to strongarm its way into a film adaptation?

edit: Yes, yes it was.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 27 Jul 2010 at 02:56 PM.

10. It has an amazing cast. How the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."