Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 213133343536 LastLast

Thread: Odin Sphere

1. I played the demo and it felt like a lot of fun (never played the original). $60 seems a little stiff though, I feel like it's the sort of game that will get big discounts relatively soon. I'm not sure how many options there are for building your character or how much cause there will be for varying your combos to optimize the situation, but it felt like there was a lot there. Racking up damage feels really satisfying and I like the different approach to it the characters have. Looks great, too.

2. i bought it for $40 on the true platform Vita

[edit]actually it was $31.99 thanks obamazon[/edit]
    Donk

3. I got it for $30 on Amazon warehouse deals
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I'm getting it on Vita for when I'm in Dallas for 2 weeks.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. So I wrote the IGN guide on the original PS2 version.

I hated it soooo much. It was bland, flat, repetitive, and worse, having to beat every campaign, make maps, et al in a 2 week deadline was nonsense.

(I did that for Phantom Brave, too! What a nightmare!)

When my friend wanted to borrow it, and didn't return it for a year, 2, 5...I didn't care. Good riddance.

Which is all to say, after trying this out, I got it. The combat's way more fun. It helps that, any time I feel it getting repetitive, I can save and quit. Being able to do a chapter at a time whenever I feel like it breaks up any chance of monotony. Though the combat goes a long to fixing it too. Plus, the skills stuff, mapping, being able to stack mixtures/eating...lots of good choices were made without having to overhaul those mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    So I wrote the IGN guide on the original PS2 version.

I hated it soooo much. It was bland, flat...
    Ah c'mon guy! You did your best!

7. Oh yeah, but the game was bad, too. *ba dum psh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Ah c'mon guy! You did your best!
    lol.

9. Great game. Deep gameplay. I like the Cross-save feature with the Vita.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png