Thread: Foundation Series

1. Foundation Series

http://www.thewrap.com/interstellars...btv-exclusive/

I'm hoping this becomes a real thing - I recall reading an article a while back discussing why it would be terrible to do the series as a movie and I think they could pull off a season per story arc. The jumps in time between them would probably take some getting used to by audiences but with HBO I think viewers are a little more likely to be open-minded.

Is anyone else a fan and looking forward to this? Or dreading this? I'd like to hear from either since I'm biased - Asimov is my favorite author and I read through the Empire/Robots/Foundation books every year or so.

I can think of a couple quick casting choices that have been in my head since first seeing these actors/actresses:

Michael C. Hall as Chetter Hummin/Eto Demerzel
    Summer Glau as Dors Venabili (since they don't have to age her)
    Richard Jenkins as Hari Seldon
    Idris Elba as Bel Riose
    Jonathan Frakes as the voice of Giskard (if they have flashbacks or tie-ins to the Robots series)

And as I was browsing the article about this another actor came up:

Macaulay Culkin as The Mule

He is young enough and creepy-looking enough, I think. If you've seen Party Monster you especially know what I'm talking about.

2. I like the series, not sure about TeeVee

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I like the series, not sure about TeeVee
    Yeah, it's a scary prospect because we book people get all upset about changes (see Game of Thrones). However, the thought I had was they do it like:

Season 1 - Prelude, prob with flashbacks to pertinent Robots stuff
    Season 2 - Forward & events of Book 1 surrounding Hari, prob recap of the Hardin/Mallow thing
    Season 3 - Empire & Second
    Season 4 - Edge & Earth, with flashbacks to Mandamus and the radiation bomb

Who knows after that. But my worry is they turn Prelude/Forward into the whole series.