Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

1. Toy Story 3

From AICN:
    TOY STORY 3 In 2009! More Pixar And Disney News Everywhere! Bold Days Ahead!

Hey, everyone. ”Moriarty” here.

A couple of articles appeared online today that seem to add up to a fairly complete picture of what Pixar and Disney are up to for the next few years.

Great stuff, looks like. I’m pretty much up for whatever they do. I have that much faith in the team that’s managing the studios now. I think we’re about to see a rebirth of Disney as an industry leader in animation, and the idea that another TOY STORY is going to be part of that pleases me enormously now that it’s being done by the right people. Robogeek was one of the first to send us a heads-up on this one:

"Toy Story 3" is coming in 2009, but John Lasseter won't be the director.

In addition to confirming for the first time that a third "Toy Story" is in the works, most likely for 2009 release, Lasseter said Lee Unkrich will helm it. Unkrich co-directed "Toy Story 2," "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo" but has never before been sole helmer on a Pixar pic…

Michael Arndt, Oscar-nominated scribe of "Little Miss Sunshine," is penning the script.
    Lasseter also revealed a behind-the-scenes shift at Walt Disney Feature Animation -- which is separate from Pixar but also under the control of Lasseter and Catmull -- by announcing that Chris Williams, a vet story artist at the Mouse, is now directing 2008 release "American Dog." Pic was developed and previously under the control of "Lilo & Stitch" helmer Chris Sanders, who recently left Disney.
    Catmull denied speculation that Walt Disney Feature Animation may become a 2-D-only studio, with Pixar handling CGI, though he did confirm the Mouse will bring back hand-drawn pics.

"We're really excited about that and have brought back some great directors to work on that," he said, presumably referring to "The Frog Princess," a 2-D pic being developed by "Aladdin" and "Treasure Planet" helmers Ron Clements and John Musker, whom Lasseter brought back to Disney last year. That pic is believed to be on the fast track and may be the division's next release after "American Dog."
    The one thing that kinda worries me is that it's looking more and more like Lassetter is pulling a Miyamoto - getting entrenched in the corporate side of things and never really being directly involved in the creative process again. Of course the difference is, Pixar has plenty of talented people to pick up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Are they finishing the Toy Story 3 that Disney started without Pixar awhile back, or did they start fresh on a new version?

3. Sounds like a new version. I doubt they would continue working on whatever Disney had just out of principle.

4. I'm really burnt out on CGI movies in general, and I'm especially not going to be excited about a sequel.

It's good to hear Disney is going back to cel animation. I'd kind of like to see them taking a chance on some new talent, but I'll pass judgment when I actually see something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll View Post
    Are they finishing the Toy Story 3 that Disney started without Pixar awhile back, or did they start fresh on a new version?
    They scrapped the original Disney version of TS3, which had to do with Buzz getting recalled and destroyed, but the the toys pull a Brave Little Toaster and go to rescue him.

As for Lasseter not being involved with the creative process, Pixar has the best think tank in the history of any studio, so there's no problem there.

And thank god Disney is going back to conventional 2-D, they only did 3-D stuff to play off the Pixar trend and thus spent less time refining their scripts.

6. Toy Story > every movie every made since the beginning of mankind

Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    Toy Story > every movie every made since the beginning of mankind
    Shit like this is why everyone thinks you're a stupid bitch.

8. There are other reasons too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Methinks it's implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    RT:
    Toy Story 2 - #1
    Toy Story - #34

IMDB:
    Toy Story 2 - #148
    Toy Story - #175

Toy Story is the best movie pixar has made and is in my top 10 favorite and best movies ever made.

Btw, get off my nuts, ya?