Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Play 20 year old LaserDisc games free and legal

1. The only beef i have with the Daphne emulator is that even if you die, the game just thrusts you forward as if nothing wrong happened. That's complete bullshit and is 100% inexcusable when emulating an experience such as LD games.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. Anyone have a good source for the files you can't get with Daphne? Or is this just a hit torrent sites and see what you can find?

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Anyone heard of a laser disc game where you drive a hover cab to raise money to get you and your girlfriend out of a town that is slowly being over run by zombies created by a viral infection?

4. Sounds like Collateral? That wasn't a laserdisc game though.

5. Sounds like Quarantine too. Though also not a laser disc game.

6. Fuck, I remember that! PC GAMING!

Edit: Wait, is Collateral a remake of Quarantine?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickstarter for Collateral
    Step into the driving seat of a highly customisable and heavily armed flying taxi in the amoral cyberpunk future of 'Collateral'. You play as Zack Edgewater, an average Joe hover cab driver, caught between warring factions, bloodthirsty customers, and the corrupt corporations that run the city of New Bedlam. The city is under lockdown, and your goal is to earn enough favour with one of the city's factions to gain access to passcodes that allow you to leave the city. Win favour with your chosen faction by undertaking a variety of missions that test your speed, driving skills, and accuracy, then spend your hard earned cash on a huge assortment of weapons and upgrades for your cab. Every mission you complete brings you one step closer to escaping this depraved, maniacal metropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia for Quarantine
    Drake Edgewater, a 21st-century cab driver and one of the lucky few unaffected by the spreading virus, is desperate to escape the city alive. Driving his '52 Checker "hovercab" armed with an assortment of headlight-mounted weaponry, he delivers passengers and packages for what money he can make to upgrade his vehicle and escape.
    Last edited by Chux; 08 Jun 2015 at 03:44 PM.

7. Seems like it has to be, you were gathering codes in Quarantine as well.
    Also: fuck PC, that was 3DO gaming.

8. Well, my friend had it for laser Disc...were there any game systems using laser disc in the late 80's early 90's? And thanks, the game I am probably thinking of is Quarentine, are there any emulators that play it?

Both Sega and NEC had laserdisc games on their respective Laseractive Pacs.

I have Space Ace on bluray. It's actually pretty nice.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery