Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scud: The Disposable Assassin Issue 21 ACTUALLY IN PRODUCTION!

1. Scud: The Disposable Assassin Issue 21 ACTUALLY IN PRODUCTION!

Rob Schrab:
    Co-Creator of Channel 101, Monster House, and Heat Vision & Jack.
    Creator of Robot Bastard, Ringwold and Molly, and Twigger's Holiday.
    Also, this guy:

Remember? He had a Saturn game.

The comic ran from '95-'98 had had 20 issues. Ended on a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.

Then, it stopped.

Sadly, I was only a fan of the character after playing the game and could never find the damn books anywhere. I can thank the internet for supplying me with them.

So, I finished reading them today knowing about the abrupt end, and I decided to check Schrab's site for info to explain the series to a friend.

And what do I find?

So, here's the rundown-
    A full Scud graphic novel.
    The last fucking issue is going to happen after 9 years.

Odd, but awesome. Thought I'd share.

2. Nice! That's the second series from several years ago that didn't so much end as stop that's gotten a big fat GN conclusion. Ragmop came out over the holidays, Scud comes out this year, and I get to have them both in big huge books.

James

3. I'm telling you guys right now, SCUD 21 is going to be the ONLY Comic Book / Manga Club entry this summer. You have the whole summer to read it and talk about it, oh and if you don't you're out of the club.
    Time for a change

4. I used to own all of Scud's comics, until I lost them in my closet. Fantastic series.

5. I don't remember much about it...

Considering the amount of comics I read around that time.

But I remember absolutely loving it.

I would purchase a scud graphic novel.

6. I distinctly remember Jeff (bonus points for quoting Adventures of Baron Munchausen) and the werewolf arm that he had to feed sandwiches to. The rest is kind of blurry but I recall it being awesome.

I never did try any of the suggested soundtracks, I should check that out in this new-fangled age where music is easier to come by.

7. that is awesome news.

scud was a hilarious and very fun read. i was so disappointed that it ended where it did. so it's great to hear that more is on its way.
    "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    and the werewolf arm
    Hah! Me too.

I also loved the style of the art too. The more I think about it, the more excited I get to reread the series.