Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover studios now "Seeds" with a big trifecta hiring.

1. Clover studios now "Seeds" with a big trifecta hiring.

The former Clover Studios guys have reopened as "Seeds" and have hired Viewtiful Joe's Atsushi Inaba, Resident Evil's Shinji Mikami and Devil May Cry's Hideki Kamiya.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/15/fo...up-new-studio/

You know something's rotten in the games industry when the reward for producing a magnificent adventure like Okami is the complete liquidation of your studio. All is not lost, however, as the former members of Capcom's Clover Studios have moved their aspirations to fresher soil. GameDaily BIZ reports that the team's new studio, Seeds, is currently in the process of hiring new employees to join a current roster of 51.

Amongst those lies a designer trifecta: Viewtiful Joe's Atsushi Inaba, Resident Evil's Shinji Mikami and Devil May Cry's Hideki Kamiya. Seeds has yet to announce any projects, but a cel-shaded, survival-horror title (with a guitar-wielding protagonist) would certainly be a good start.

2. Wow, Mikami, Inaba and Kamiya with their own independent development house? I expect great things. Hopefully they don't have trouble finding funding and still remain pretty creative / fringe. They got to be that before 'cause they were under Capcom's wing. I assume Seeds is not.

3. So who (at Capcom) is making RE5?

4. I read this last night. Great news indeed.

5. What an interesting name.

Seeds.

6. I expect two critically acclaimed commercial flops before this studio unceremoniously folds.
    Time for a change

I loved God Hand and Okami(and the better levels of Viewtiful Joe). I expect great things from Seeds.

8. I expect something of the quality of American McGee's Scrapland. I just don't see it being all that great

9. Scrapland was a damned fine game.

10. I wonder which major player get's the first exclusive.