Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess Official thread V 2.0

1. I loved TP the most, and have since the first like 4 hours in. People weren't like that with OoT. When you first played that, like 10 minutes in, it changed your view of playing games.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    Zelda fans are insane and definitely follow this asinine pattern of hating on what ever just got released and loving it years later.
    This is not so much a Zelda thing as it is a hype thing in general. A sequel to X comes out, people have fond memories of X and you get the two vocal camps of: "X2 IS BETTER IN EVERY WAY" and "NO WAY EVERYTHING IS WORSE IT WILL NEVER BE AS PERFECT AS THE ORIGINAL" Then, years later, both sides have calmer feelings about the whole thing and it evens out. Then the cycle repeats.

OoT was one of my favorite games when it came out. One day I'll pick up the 3DS version and see how my feelings are now on it. TP was also great and I really need to do another playthrough, I just wish the GC version supported widescreen without using Dolphin to hack it in.

3. Twilight actually had a horribly long and tedious opening. You could play a significant amount of time and think you're playing a kind of bad game, because through the first three dungeons, you are. Once the game actually hits its stride, it's up there with the best games. For the record, Majora and Wind Waker are the best of them. MAN i want to play Twilight again. Agitha... Yeta... The siblings... MIDNA.

Skyward's problem is that it gets really good and then just keeps repeating the good stuff over and over. Also Fi not trusting the player to be smart enough to do something as simple as stand on a switch to open a chest.

I remember reading that Skyward was supposed to be the old guard of Nintendo handing the reigns to the kids, and i really think that the part where Skyward became tedious was the exact point where the noobs started working on it. Fubiyashi just needs to stay away, and Aonuma needs to do everything, including get his own Not Zelda series to play with.
    Donk

4. AHHHHHHHH but GROOSE!

GROOSE! GROOOOOOSE!
    Donk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    MIDNA
    This was really all that needed to be said. Best character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    They do such a good job with despair, it's unsettling, depressing, and really good.
    Totally agree. It seems to me all of the 3D Zeldas have this sort of unsettling creepiness and/or sadness woven into their presentations. I remember playing through Majora's Mask for the first time and wondering how it had ever been allowed to carry the Zelda brand. Twilight Princess is almost overwhelmingly depressing in parts, and also strangely beautiful in a way no other game in the series has ever been. I loved exploring the overworld.

I also like TP's soundtrack a lot.

Last edited by No One; 13 Aug 2013 at 07:43 PM.