Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    The sad part is this is EVERY retail store now. Everybody is pushing extented warranties and Instant Credit stuff. Its getting really irritating.
    Wireless isn't pushing what you mentioned above, but... they're pushing other things like data services and such.

2. Picked up a copy of Dino Crisis 2 for PC from an EB this morning, $2. Money's Worth!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Picked up a copy of Dino Crisis 2 for PC from an EB this morning, $2. Money's Worth!
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I don't go mad over playing a videogame day one so a games launch isn't that big a deal to me. Also James I doubt those crates, if they were indeed "left" on the shipping platform, were done so by accident. Most business find a way to unofficially drive up demand for something.
    That was an real accident, not an artificial demand spike. You don't refund people's money so they can go buy it at Best Buy (who got it in stock on the same day) to prove what a good idea it is to reserve a game at your store.

James

5. Overall the gamestop here isn't that bad. I think the employees just get away without having to push everything on you, as they don't say shit to you when you're there.

I did one time witness one gamestop employee completely lose it at another employee over their disagreement on whether or not they bought/sold used Pump It Up pads. The customer asked him, he asked the other employee who responded with "we don't buy them, they break too easily". The first employee insisted they do and when the other kept disagreeing he flipped the fuck out. Took the game over to the other employee and smeared it aggressively all over his face while yelling "SEE! SEE!! IT SAYS SO RIGHT HERE!!!" then turning back to the customer and saying "I'm sorry you had to see that. No we don't have any pads in stock"

That alone made all my trips to GameStop worth it.

6. I was just at a Gamestop and the employee told me two things:

1) Halo 3 was almost cancelled because the lack of Blue Ray prevents Bungie from implementing the AI.

2) Sega is re-entering the handheld market next year with a portable Dreamcast. It will run on 1 GB flash cards.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash View Post
    I was just at a Gamestop and the employee told me two things:

1) Halo 3 was almost cancelled because the lack of Blue Ray prevents Bungie from implementing the AI.

2) Sega is re-entering the handheld market next year with a portable Dreamcast. It will run on 1 GB flash cards.
    You need to relay this information to 1up and Gamespot.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    You need to relay this information to 1up and Gamespot.
    IGN will be the first to report it.

9. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebgamesflyerfunnylq5sr7.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	22768  

10. Holy crap, that's rad. PSP is the past. I love the PSP, but lol @ Sony anyway.