Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. I don't like EB/Gamestop.

2. I worked at an EB for 1 Xmas season, that's enough for me.

I hate them gutting the games and then selling them as "new".

Only friends/good customers get the preorder bonus items. The rest of us are SOL.

3. Hey there, uhh... Doug? Shorten your location. It's bullshit.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    The problem is, they get bright eyed young people in thier late teens and early twenties that think they can work hard and move up in the company without having to go to school. They squeeze these people until they can't take it anymore, then move on to the next one.
    I think they take advantage of the innate allure of "working with videogames." They really do pay shit wages and constantly fuck people out of promotions, making them take on the responsibilities of management without the wages, etc.

It's just not worth it. If you want to work with videogames, learn to write, draw, or program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    You called your job at Gamestop a career. lawl.
    That's how they brainwash you, man.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 14 Feb 2007 at 12:49 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's just not worth it. If you want to work with videogames, learn to write, draw, or program.That's how they brainwash you, man.
    Although most jobs in production will still see you working ridiculous hours. This might be any part of the entertainment industry, though. Not really worth it imo, even if you're making good cash. Life's too short.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Make friends and contacts, kids.
    Fixed.

I used to personally boycott EB and GS, but I'll pop my head in there to browse around once in awhile. I don't buy anything there anymore - I don't really buy games since I've started using Gamefly.

The one near me isn't too bad - the clerks don't harass you and don't push pre-orders like some stores I've heard about. I still won't buy anything there. They charge +$5 for some DS games.

Best Buy is even worse than GS/EB, at least in my area. The teenagers that work there believe they're doing you a favor by letting you shop there. From the way the employees act, I thought I was shopping @ AC + Finch or the Gap.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

7. I worked for EB for 6 months a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. I go to the one by me all the time due to there not being a Fry's within 25 miles.

8. I would have walked in front of a bus by now if I still worked at that shithole.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Although most jobs in production will still see you working ridiculous hours. This might be any part of the entertainment industry, though. Not really worth it imo, even if you're making good cash. Life's too short.
    Eh, if you enjoy it, it's worth it. Life's too short to spend 8 hours a day doing something you don't give a shit about, too.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I don't like EB/Gamestop.
    I work there currently and IBTN. Let them fire me for not selling their GI subscriptions, Preorders for Virtua Tennis 3, or selling Manhunt to a 5 year old (I usually enjoy giving the kids shit about buying Mature games and watching them cry so dont think this will happen). Its no career, just a shit job to help pay the bills while I focus on school.

I miss working for Rhino Video Games.

Thats usually the first thing I hear when people walk in the store now, "You're not Rhino anymore!!, Fuck. Fuck Gamestop" :they walk out: