Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think they take advantage of the innate allure of "working with videogames." They really do pay shit wages and constantly fuck people out of promotions, making them take on the responsibilities of management without the wages, etc.

It's just not worth it. If you want to work with videogames, learn to write, draw, or program.That's how they brainwash you, man.
    Nearly every job in the game industry takes advantage of that same allure, though. It's not just the retail side.

2. I don't shop there because I don't like being verbally assaulted to buy or trade shit as soon as I walk in the door.

I have posted about my time at Funcoland->Babbages->Gamestop plenty of times.

Those are years I will never get back. YEARS. And all I have to show for it is that I don't like video games anymore.

4. I always thought the bin full of promo crap I've collected from working there would be worth SO MUCH MONEYS ON E-BAY ONE DAY, but instead I'm going to end up throwing it all in a fucking dump one day.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Those are years I will never get back. YEARS. And all I have to show for it is that I don't like video games anymore.
    I felt the same way the few months I worked there. When I come home, the last thing I want to do is play a game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have posted about my time at Funcoland->Babbages->Gamestop plenty of times.
    It was crappy back 8 or 9 years ago when I was running a few stores.

This was back right when they were starting to push for preorders and add on sales via strategy guides.

With all the new policies and new pushy sales tactics that they make the people do now, I can only imagine its about 20 times worse.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    It was crappy back 8 or 9 years ago when I was running a few stores.

This was back right when they were starting to push for preorders and add on sales via strategy guides.

With all the new policies and new pushy sales tactics that they make the people do now, I can only imagine its about 20 times worse.
    The sad part is this is EVERY retail store now. Everybody is pushing extented warranties and Instant Credit stuff. Its getting really irritating.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

This is why I do a large percentage of my shopping on the internet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This is why I do a large percentage of my shopping on the internet.
    Watch, UPS/USPS will make all their workers ask if we want to buy additional shit when they deliver the goods.

That's why I have bigger dogs than you do.