Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Very untrue, maybe in Wantagh or wherever you bucktooth mutants come from, but not anywhere near civilization.
    I hear people in Wantagh have vaginas on the backs of their knees. Even the guys.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 Feb 2007 at 06:02 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    too low for fat hos?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	praise_lowered_thmb.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	22711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jesus_cross.gif 
Views:	591 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	22712  

3. There are good things and bad things with EB/GS just like all other retail stores.

While they may offer horrible trade-in values for games, eBay won't be much better (after subtracting fees). Other than that, I have no where else to trade in games I am finished with (that I am aware of). When the extra 10% coupons or extra $10 per 3 games, or "trade in 2 get the game for 10$" deals comes out at EB/GS, I trade my games in.

I do agree that they should not be allowed to gut the games and sell them at full price. I know full welll many of those "new" games get taken home and played. I'm sure many of them are not new and unplayed when they package them back up. I have refused to buy games there because they had no sealed copies.

I consider myself fortunate because I know the managers at the two EB's I frequent most. I have shopped there for years so they help me out when they can (just a couple of weeks ago they held a Wii for me because I had asked about them).

I prefer Best Buy and Target when there are sales, but they don't always have games on release day, so EB/GS become a necessary option.

--------------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)
    --------------------------------------

4. Quote Originally Posted by CybrGamr View Post

While they may offer horrible trade-in values for games, eBay won't be much better (after subtracting fees).
    Are you fucking crazy?! Oh, you must mean trading in worthless shit like PS2 Shinobi. Yeah, the $1.25 you get from Gamestop will beat the $0 you'll get off eBay.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Stay in school, kids.
    LAWL!

Quote Originally Posted by JefmcC View Post
    The problem is, they get bright eyed young people in thier late teens and early twenties that think they can work hard and move up in the company without having to go to school. They squeeze these people until they can't take it anymore, then move on to the next one.
    No offense, but exploiting the dreams and hopes of naive young adults for corporate gain is as much a part of capitalism as the currency system is. If I ever have a corporation and need to exploit someone to advance my position I'm going to, no questions asked, because guess what? My family comes before your family. I'm wouldn't do it maliciously, but business is business.

That said, EB is terrible. I haven't bought much from them since they fucked up my Mission Impossible 64 preorder. If I give you money in advance with the promise of a guaranteed item you'd better fucking have it when I'm at the counter with my hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits View Post
    Fixed.
    No, Yoshi's right. College and University are prime networking territories my friend. If you make a lot of friends and keep in touch with them from time to time you'll hear about job openings. That's how you get a career in highly competitive industries. Cold calling doesn't work as well because most people don't have the cojones to assert themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I agree with this for the most part. But I will be shopping there tonight.

Best Buy is always my first choice, what with Reward Zone points and GGC coupon incentives, but the last few months their selection has just sucked. Their 360 and PSP sections are wastelands dotted with crap. I was ready to buy any of the following today:

Ar tonelico - PS2
    Monster Kingdom - PSP
    Gurumin - PSP
    Dead Rising - 360
    Gears of War - 360
    Ridge Racer 6 - 360
    Lost Planet - 360
    Your Best Buy didn't have Dead Rising, Gears of War, RR6 OR Lost Planet in stock? What the fuck? I've never heard of a more poorly run store in all my life. You probably have a shit manager at the one you shop at.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 14 Feb 2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Well, I got 50% owned. EB only had Gurumin. No Monster Summoner for me today.

7. Way back when I worked for one of the older versions of what is now GS, it wasn't too bad. Pay was over minimum wage, the perks of getting to check out all the games were cool, and the store wasn't too busy or too empty most days (circa the early days of N64, PSX, 3DO, and Dreamcast). Nowadays the stores just suck to go into to shop.

The closest one to me inside a mall isn't too bad because the staff is laid back and don't hassle you (or swap out that nice used copy of a game you just picked up off the shelf with something that looks like Bigfoot tried to eat it). But all the others are just lame. "Welcome to Gamestop, what games did you bring in to trade today?", "Would you like to pre-order <INSERT TITLE>? It's way wicked and you can't get that special bonus without pre-ordering from us. It's only $5." Yesterday was just stupid with trying to get me to pre-order GH2, Crackdown (you don't get the Halo 3 beta invite unless you pre-order from us), and GTA IV (don't you want to make sure you can get the game when it comes out?). I finally told them where to stick it when they kept holding up the payment transaction "in case you change your mind and want to pre-order now". I'm sorry, I don't speak fucktard. How do you say "fuck off ya wank, I've told you no ten times already!" in Gamecrap speak?

8. One time when I was looking for VP:Lenneth when it came out, I went to the gamestop near my house. When I asked for the game, they said they had it without hesitation. I brought trades with me, and did all the paperwork to trade them in besides signing all of my stuff away. Turns out they didn't have the game, and when I asked for my trades back, I was badgered to no end on what game to pre order.

I shot down about 15-20 titles before demanding my shit back. I would've flipped out on them (I did once when a pre-order didn't come when they said) but I was tired, and my friend managed the store.

Haven't fucked with em since.
    I keep my heat close like robocop

9. I seldom go into Gamestop and the like to shop. That been the case since about 2002.

Fuck them!

10. I work at EB now. Its not so bad, but then again I am only working part time. The pay is shit though, and for those of you that know my spending habbits, that is not good for me.