Page 1 of 38 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. Yuck Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

I finally gave up my career at Gamestop after working 60 hr weeks for 9 weeks in a row, the last 4 with no days off. They took my Assistant Manager away and promoted him without giving me any prior knowledge. Then they throw up the new policy that if one of my part timers sells an M rated game to someone under 17, I get fired over it. The writing's on the wall, and I just got burned out. I finally stopped putting up with it and gave em my notice. They came in and took my keys away two days later. Now I get paid for the next two weeks to do absolutely nothing at all.

I would like for this thread to turn into the great thread where everyone can come and bitch about how they treated you as both a customer or employee. Either GS or EB...I'm never gonna fuckin shop there again, after how they treated me. I moved twice for this company, and basically gave up my life for them.

Fuck em! Go at it!

Stay in school, kids.

3. Fuck EB/GS, that's really all there is to say.

4. South Shore of Long Island tends to have cute girls working in GameStops for some reason. I have no complaints.

5. Quote Originally Posted by DougDaBroadcasta View Post
    I finally gave up my career at Gamestop
    You called your job at Gamestop a career. lawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    South Shore of Long Island tends to have cute girls working in GameStops for some reason. I have no complaints.
    Very untrue, maybe in Wantagh or wherever you bucktooth mutants come from, but not anywhere near civilization.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Stay in school, kids.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 Feb 2007 at 12:04 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. It's been over 10 years since I worked for EB. I can't beleive this company hasn't been hit with a class action lawsuit over this. I worked over 1 year without a day off. 60 hour week were nothing compared to the 90 hour ones.

The problem is, they get bright eyed young people in thier late teens and early twenties that think they can work hard and move up in the company without having to go to school. They squeeze these people until they can't take it anymore, then move on to the next one.

9. Move up nothing. All the people (yes, that implies many) that work for a GameStop store do it for the discounts. It's not even a big one. I still don't get it.

Very untrue, maybe in Wantagh or wherever you bucktooth mutants come from, but not anywhere near civilization.
    Just because you live in spoildbastardization land doesn't give you the right to call me a bucktoothed mutant. Just don't cross those train tracks.
    OH SNAP I WENT THERE

10. Never had a big problem with them. It's a retail location staffed by little more than kids, most of whom seem to like videogames. They charge full fare for new titles (unlike Fry's), have crappy prices on older titles, and fleece you on trade-ins and used games. Knowing all of this, I occasionally go there out of convenience to pre-order a game that I absolutely know I want on day one. They're fine for that purpose, and thus I haven't any problems with them.

That said, you're probably wise to move on.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"