Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2434363738

Thread: Official I HATE GAMESTOP/EB thread

1. Can someone tell me if "New" games are shipped factory sealed from EB and Gamestop's online stores, or will they be opened with stickers all over?

I'd like to think I'll actually get factory sealed games if I order online, but that wasn't the situation last time I ordered from them (back in '03?).

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Love View Post
    Can someone tell me if "New" games are shipped factory sealed from EB and Gamestop's online stores, or will they be opened with stickers all over?
    They're factory sealed when they arrive. In-store employees "gut" them, that is to say yank the discs, stuff them in a drawer, and paper mache the empty cases with stickers.

I'd like to think I'll actually get factory sealed games if I order online, but that wasn't the situation last time I ordered from them.
    Once a month or so, we'd get a "pull" sheet with a list of games we'd have to ship back to the warehouses or to other stores. If it asked for four new copies of Onimusha and we had two sealed ones and two new-but-gutted-and-displayed copies, the stickered cases would be sent back with the game inside and resold as new elsewhere, be it in another store or online.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 03 Nov 2008 at 07:19 PM.