Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Tom Clancy Themed Game or Series Did You Enjoy the Most?

1. Which Tom Clancy Themed Game or Series Did You Enjoy the Most?

While sadly Tom Clancy himself has passed away, in the last gen there were tons of Tom Clancy games that were released. Some of them were more arbitrarily branded than others but which ones did you find the most fun? Also which did you think had the best or most compelling stories of the lot?

Personally I've played some GR:FS, Rainbow Six Vegas, and played the demo for HAWX 2 but I wasn't too impressed with that and stuck to Ace Combat 6. I've yet to play GRAW 2, Blacklist, and Vegas 2 (waiting for these to hit low prices digital) but Blacklist is high on that must get list.

2. I think Endwar was the only one I enjoyed at all. And that was just a so-so RTS.

I actually liked the DS version better, but it was turn based.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghost_recon_shadow_wars_c1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	72969

This is the only Tom Clancy game I've ever played. Its story was crap, but the game was far more compelling than any stupid shooter released this gen.
    I would argue that any series that began in the PS2 era (splinter cell, the real ghost recons), saw its best games in that era.
    Lots of people loved the Rainbow Six Vegas games, so maybe that one doesn't apply to the above rule.
    Hawx and Endwar may have been good, but I never heard anyone say so.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 02 Jan 2014 at 03:23 PM.

4. Totally forgot about that one.

Shadow Wars is the winner.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Splinter Cell has some entries that are really high up on the Games of All-Time list.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Splinter Cell has some entries that are really high up on the Games of All-Time list.
    All of those entries aren't from the 360 gen though.

7. Red Storm Rising.

8. Any Splinter Cell with good Spy vs Merc

and

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield Multiplayer
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. I liked the original rainbox 6 alot. Made me think in a very different way than most shooters.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. Rainbow Six 3. By far. Xbox live was new, and our TNL contingent played nightly, and generally dominated (no thanks to me, particularly). First Splinter Cell with Spy v. Merc (Chaos Theory?) was also up there. I didn't play all of the games in the OP, but of those I'd probably go with Vegas 2.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"