Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice League of America - Live Action

1. Justice League of America - Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!
    WB Eyeing Justice League Movie

Source: Variety
    February 23, 2007

Warner Bros. Pictures is looking to make a feature based on super team the Justice League of America, hiring writing duo Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to write the script, reports Variety. It's the first major action the studio has taken on the project.

The feature film is bound to include some combination of DC's most iconic superheroes, although the studio wouldn't confirm which ones they might be. It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters.

Since its inception in 1960, JLA has featured almost every major hero in the DC Comics universe, although the core team has largely remained the same: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

The heroes typically band together to fight alien menaces or groups of supervillains.

"The Justice League of America has been a perennial favorite for generations of fans, and we believe their appeal to film audiences will be as strong and diverse as the characters themselves," Warner president of production Jeff Robinov said in announcing the hiring of the Mulroneys.

The trade says that in taking on the ambitious project, Warner faces several conundrums.

Now that the Batman and Superman film franchises have been revived, does the studio go after Christian Bale (Batman Begins) and Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) to star in a Justice League pic? The studio is also trying hard to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen.

To a large degree, casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I still wanna see that Black Lightning movie.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

3. Like I said on GAF, the money that it would take to make this would fund 4-5 more seasons of Justice League Unlimited. Probably with money left over for actually advertising it.

Do that instead, WB.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    I still wanna see that Black Lightning movie.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Like I said on GAF, the money that it would take to make this would fund 4-5 more seasons of Justice League Unlimited. Probably with money left over for actually advertising it.

Do that instead, WB.
    I agree. I doubt this will be as good as JLU anyway.

6. This movie will never get made, unless it's with losers like Aquaman and the Wonder Twins. I'm sure all the major heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc are owned by different studios and it would be a nightmare of red tape and money to get them all together in one movie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm sure all the major heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc are owned by different studios.
    Re-Read the article. Warner Bros. Pictures owns all three.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Re-Read the article. Warner Bros. Pictures owns all three.
    Really? Then that's fucking cool.

It'll still cost a lot, though.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by elfneedsfood View Post
    I doubt this will be as good as JLU anyway.
    ibtn.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Really? Then that's fucking cool.

It'll still cost a lot, though.
    Doesn't WB own DC? I could have sworn they did but I could be wrong, I could have sworn that was how every WB cartoon and movie and other things could use superman and not get sued.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.