Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Gaming

1. Mac Gaming

Contribute and Discuss, emulators (not roms), free games that don't suck and such. Widget too.

2. mac gaming? what's that?

3. I tried to come back in here and leave a serious reply to not be a complete ass, but I'm drawing blanks. MacMame aint half bad. You also can't beat Glider which only runs on 68k macs

4. Okay I'll start
    Bootcamp aka dual booting a mac. Comes with all the drivers needed for an intel based mac to run windows xp or vista. Vista has issues tho

If you've got tons of ram there's Parallels which lets you VM windows xp perfectly, but costs money. Its worth the price if you've got a gig or more because it splits the system memory between the operating system as you configure, but I wouldn't wanna run xp OR osx with less than a gig.

There's also virtual machine (by MS) which is shit.

5. You don't play games on a mac! And you don't fuck it up by putting Windows on it either! You sit smugly and gloat in your own puddle of pretentiousness. If you can't appreciate doing that, you don't deserve to own a mac!
    Donk

6. I like how the first real post in this thread is all about bootcamp and parallels. Go Mac gaming!

My MacBook doesn't even have a proper video card (Gotta go pro for that), so I'm sure I'll never put a single game on this machine aside from the ones I write myself.

7. Macs sound fun! I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    I tried to come back in here and leave a serious reply to not be a complete ass, but I'm drawing blanks. MacMame aint half bad. You also can't beat Glider which only runs on 68k macs
    Glider! I played that game so much at a friends house when I was young and always wondered what it is called.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

9. Cave Story! World of Warcraft!

That's all, really.

Quote Originally Posted by MarsKitten View Post
    Comes with all the drivers needed for an intel based mac to run windows xp or vista. Vista has issues tho
    XP does too. It won't sleep or hibernate properly on my system, the only thing keeping me from running it full time. Too bad about that. As much as I don't like Windows, I'm really not happy with my MacBook Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    MacMame aint half bad.
    Oh, MacMAME is more than half bad. It hasn't been updated in over a year, and there is no Intel version. MAME OS X is the only real option for Intel Mac users, and it's pretty much bare bones in terms of its interface.

Want to emulate Sega CD or PCE CD games? Yeah, good luck with that. Not gonna happen on OS X. Want to play those Neo Geo games MAME doesn't support? Nope. Sorry. Too bad about that.

That sudoku widget sure is nice, though.

10. Mame OSX, macmame is dead. Long live the OSX