Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I download torrents at college?

1. There's some packet monitor going on where I am, so there really isn't a way. No ports to switch, encryption fails, nothing.

I wound up setting up an ancient Celeron 500 at home to do it for me remotely with VNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Wow. This is not the way to get answers. Try forwarding ports, so on and so forth.
    well, she is right about stibbons

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Wow. This is not the way to get answers. Try forwarding ports, so on and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Also, check encryption settings, but don't "Force" them. I don't know how azureus works with that kind of shit because I use uTorrent.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if you can force with Azureus or not. I've never seen that option available. I was forcing all last night with utorrent, I switched it back to enable and it started to download, just very very slowly, and only one torrent at a time. I can't figure it out because I was seeding a file between 600kbs and 1.2mbs, but I just can't reach those speeds while downloading. I have both uploading and downloading set to unlimited, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Thanks for the advice though. I gotta figure out how to port forward here, 'cause when I was doing it at home, it was all dependent upon my router with Azureus. Here I just plug it into the room in my dorm.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Wow. This is not the way to get answers.
    Then why'd you answer him?

Monster.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    Then why'd you answer him?

Monster.
    I sometimes have no control over what I type.

Also, I only gave hints.