Page 1 of 104 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2007 MLB Thread

1. Official 2007 MLB Thread

Of course I predict the Rangers to win it all, due to Showalter's Law.

Also don't forget to sign up for the MLB 2k7 league if you have the 360 version.
    Last edited by Schlep; 02 Apr 2007 at 06:26 PM.

2. Tomorrow the Mets play their first ST game against the Tigers... Mets vs Tigers.. <sigh> A new year brings new hopes and dreams that my metropolitans will go all the way.

I'll pick up the 360 2k7 tomorrow and will play the full season once the real season starts (I play a sim game before the real game for fun).

Mets have a glut of pitchers clamoring for a spot in the rotation. I assume the rotation will be Glavine, Duque, Park, Maine and Perez but who the hell knows. I'm hoping the younger dudes like Lastings Milledge, Mike Pelfrey, Phil Humber and Carlos Gomez (who I think will get called up this year) impress.

Baseball is back.. THANK GOD!

3. I can't wait for the regular season to start, unfortunately the Semi-Pro league doesn't really pick up until late April/early May so I still have a bit until I can start giving pitchers nightmares

In other (and very important) news, MLB 07 is out and I bought it today.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    I'll pick up the 360 2k7 tomorrow and will play the full season once the real season starts (I play a sim game before the real game for fun).
    I figured it'd be good to get something going right away, and that it'd be more fun to do 2 or 3 "seasons" of league play than one that covers the whole baseball season.

You're not up for it?

5. HELL YES!! Baseball season is upon us once more. My beloved Dodgers lost their first spring trainging game 7-2....but boy does it feel good to at least start watching and talking about baseball games again.

Seriously, I have so many hobbies and interests that I should rarely be bored. I enjoy: video games, listening to music, going to concerts, reading books, creative writing, movies, and so on.......yet, for some unforseen reasons of the Gods, my life seems totally incomplete until baseball season begins. It just feels good to know that I can look forward to a Dodger game, in any capacity, for almost every day until October now. LIFE IS GOOD ONCE AGAIN

6. The Phillies are talking about making Brett Myers into a closer if they can't trade Jon Lieber. They finally get a formidable starting rotation and they're already talking about ruining it...for fucks sake...
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. Brett Myers as a closer is a bad deal, he doesn't have a solid out pitch.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    The Phillies are talking about making Brett Myers into a closer if they can't trade Jon Lieber. They finally get a formidable starting rotation and they're already talking about ruining it...for fucks sake...
    Um that's fucking retarded. They should TRADE MYERS before they make him worthless as a closer. And I don't think they should do that either.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...l/16805991.htm

Seems that one reporter is totally fishing here...this didn't come out of the Phils organization. Myers was just asked if he would do it, and he said he'd do anything to help the team, whether that's start, close, whine about Mets fans or punch his wife in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. This just in:

Brad Penny is one of the goofiest looking men in Major League Baseball

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    This just in:

Brad Penny is one of the goofiest looking men in Major League Baseball

hahah...wow...that barely even looks like Brad Penny. I guess the fat ass did lose a couple pounds.