Page 1 of 99 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation 3 Thread Returns

1. Official Playstation 3 Thread Returns

Lair looks good...

2. I'll say something positive about the PS3. I like how it's able to play all PS1 and PS2 games in 720p progressive scan (at least, I think it does), which solves the HDTV lag issue you encounter when you hook up a PS2 to an HDTV and the TV fails to upscale the 480i image without lag.

And I saw Virtua Fighter 5 in action when I was looking for games in my failed Best Buy clearance hunt. Hot. Even without online play, I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    I'll say something positive about the PS3. I like how it's able to play all PS1 and PS2 games in 720p progressive scan (at least, I think it does)
    It doesn't. In fact, until very recently it was having problems showing them properly at all.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    I'll say something positive about the PS3. I like how it's able to play all PS1 and PS2 games in 720p progressive scan (at least, I think it does), which solves the HDTV lag issue you encounter when you hook up a PS2 to an HDTV and the TV fails to upscale the 480i image without lag.

And I saw Virtua Fighter 5 in action when I was looking for games in my failed Best Buy clearance hunt. Hot. Even without online play, I'll definitely pick it up when it hits the 360.
    it plays all of them in 480p, no upconversion. it deinterlaces any games that didng originally have progressive scan

as for VF5, i just got it and its awesome, and like i said in the other thread, everyone on either system should get it.

Harrison earlier in the week said both Resistance DLC in April, and firmware 1.6 to have background downloading and more.

5. Sony expects to resolve PS3 shortages by May

First to lol @ Sony. (Call me crazy but I have a hunch there are a few more of these to come.)
    Last edited by Compass; 27 Feb 2007 at 10:46 PM.

6. I'll say I still think the system should have launched at 400 bucks with out Blu-Ray and it would have been more competitive. Although the Japanese 20gig version is 400 bucks there isn't it and it's still getting its ass kicked.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. PS3 shortages?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Hey guys lol @ Sony!
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hey guys lol @ Sony!
    you know theres we get a fee on our paychecks if we ever say that
    Last edited by B-Ri; 27 Feb 2007 at 11:28 PM.

10. I love how Cowdisease's "something positive" is not in the realm of reality. He tried, though.