Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Donnellys

1. The Black Donnellys

So who actually watched it? NBC frickin' put a promo for it ever commercial break for Heroes so by the end of Heroes i didn't even know if i wanted to watch it but i knew i had to...weird.

Anyways, as far as the writing and the overall delivery of the show i probably haven't seen a network show with as high quality as this since...ever. I honestly walked away from it feeling like "wow that was a cool ass movie" and if the following eps are gonna be that good I'll definitely be back to watch em. (plus i don't have anything to watch after Heroes )
    Last edited by Anal Kaboom; 28 Feb 2007 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. Its good. Ill give it a shot for a couple of episodes.

I watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Irish > Italians and this >>>>>> Heroes

I want a Grand Theft Auto: Beantown now.

4. I watched this after Heroes and it was pretty mindblowing. It reminded me of a show like Rome in that the intricacies of it were on par with movie-quality productions. I love the introduction credits and the distinctly Irish feeling about it. A lot of the sentiments between the characters hit the nail right on the head when it comes to Irish family life. NBC is easily my favorite American channel between an awesome Monday lineup for drama and the hilarious 8 - 10 Thursday comedy block it's really racking up some awesome shows.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 28 Feb 2007 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Irish > Italians and this >>>>>> Heroes

I want a Grand Theft Auto: Beantown now.
    Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I watched this after Heroes and it was pretty mindblowing. It reminded me of a show like Rome in that the intricacies of it were on par with movie-quality productions. I love the introduction credits and the distinctly Irish feeling about it. A lot of the sentiments between the characters hit the nail right on the head when it comes to Irish family life. NBC is easily my favorite American channel between an awesome Monday lineup for drama and the hilarious 8 - 10 Thursday comedy block it's really racking up some awesome shows.
    Yep pretty much I woulda paid 8 bucks to see that in a theatre.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

6. i enjoyed people in the Heroes thread telling me this show would suck.

7. It was on the TV and I didin't change it, which is a rarity for me unless it's Cosby Show or America's Funniest Home Videos (true story).

Black Donnelly's first episode is real good. I hope the subsequent ones are just as good, but them killing so many characters at the end was a bit of a shocker and will make the next episodes a lot different than the beginning of the first. Hopefully it doesn't get too drama-y.

8. As far as the first ep is concerned the mix of comedy and drama was damn near perfect IMO.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    i enjoyed people in the Heroes thread telling me this show would suck.
    That was me. I stand by it.

10. You probably haven't even seen it...>_>