Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest keyboard ever?

1. That typewriter styled keyboard would probably suck ass to use. The gaps between the keys would be maddening.

Those IBM Model M keyboards are great, but noisy. Probably my favorite keyboard ever was in my IBM Thinkpad of all places. My least favorite keyboard, by far, is Apple's current keyboard. It's terrible.

2. I remember having a few typewriters well before I got on a computer, so I'd imagine it's gotta be murder doing simple web applications and gaming if you have to actually "punch" keys on that thing.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    That typewriter styled keyboard would probably suck ass to use. The gaps between the keys would be maddening.
    That's actually my favorite thing about that keyboard. I hate using keyboards because I find it hard to only hit one key at a time. I don't have fat fingers or anything, I just tend to hit the edges of the keys instead of the middle.

I suck at typing and I have no desire to improve. If it weren't so expensive, I'd build myself a custom keyboard with Sanwa buttons for every key (except the cursors, they'd be a stick).

Probably my next keyboard will be a WolfClaw Type II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_kb_type2_600.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	22880  

4. Looks stupid, but use it and believe. Key positioning is perfect, the response is nice, on the quiet side, and 0 slope = comfy. I have no desire to use any other keyboard ever again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eclipse3.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	22881  

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    Looks stupid, but use it and believe. Key positioning is perfect, the response is nice, on the quiet side, and 0 slope = comfy. I have no desire to use any other keyboard ever again.
    doesn't that one light up blue as well?

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    doesn't that one light up blue as well?
    Yeah. I thought I'd hate it, but it's actually kind of nice. You can dim it or turn it off, and the other Eclipse keyboard Saitek makes lets you cycle through a few colors.
    Last edited by Grave; 03 Mar 2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: typo

7. +It would be cool if it lit up in such a way that when you pressed a modifier key, the key cap showed only the keys current function, like for example if you turned on numlock, the num pad would show numbers, and if its off, it showed arrows. That would require different colored LEDs and transparencies and would drive up the price, but I'd still buy it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    +It would be cool if it lit up in such a way that when you pressed a modifier key, the key cap showed only the keys current function, like for example if you turned on numlock, the num pad would show numbers, and if its off, it showed arrows. That would require different colored LEDs and transparencies and would drive up the price, but I'd still buy it.
    You mean like the Optimus keyboard? The Optimus is badass, but would cost an obscene amount of money if it was ever produced

Every key on the keyboard has a built in display

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

9. IBM M noisy keyboard. Rock the house when you type on that thing. I miss that keyboard.

10. I know a few people who have them, and none are aware of how revered they are.
    I remember once seeing a bin full of them in a computer recycling place, and just shaking my head when I saw that they were just piled 4 feet deep in there, with keys knocked off and cords tangled together.
    The retards that run the place also had a skid piled with Amigas that could have easily sold for thousands of dollars on ebay, and they were sending them to be destroyed for the pittance of copper and gold inside.