Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 169179181182183184185187 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1968

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Great, so are we going to see a game voice actor's strike now?
    Maybe. Royalties from internet and video games is going to one of the issues in play if the actors go on strike later this year.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. game companies aren't required to hire through SAG though are they?

3. I hope that they don't, because I'm sure that there are plenty of people inside and outside of the guild that don't think 100,000 dollars for a year of sitting in an air conditioned studio saying bad words isn't anything to sneeze at.

That said, the guy did a pretty good job, and it's sad that he'll probably be blackballed as a whiner and have a tough time getting work despite his performance.

His issue does raise a pretty interesting debate though. He worked for a year on a game that made damn near a billion dollars right away, 100,000 really is chump change to Rockstar. I wonder if he already recorded the sound bytes for the 50 million dollar bonus content, because if not, he kind of has them by the nuts.

4. It's not like they didn't know it was going to sell millions when they did it. Sounds like they got paid pretty well to me anyway.

All that money the game has made is keeping that company afloat. GTA 4 was a huge investment, don't think R* or Take 2 owes them any more than what they signed up for.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 21 May 2008 at 12:36 PM.

5. So apparently theres a bug in the physics of swings in the game. I've tried it, gotten it to work, but not nearly as well as this guy did. Whitefolks, I leave the rest to you.

6. it's definitely easy to pull off, I just spent the last hour making niko fly all over the goddamn place

that particular swingset is in a project at the dukes/broker expressway, near firefly island

7. See, I found one near there, but it was both impossible to get into with that car, and not really big enough to do what was done in that video. plus i got launched into the ferris wheel the one time i succeeded.

8. you actually don't even need to be in a car for it, I've done it on a bike, in a car, and on foot, you just gotta be near one of the support poles when it does its mighty crack to get flung skyward

edit: on one of my attempts I actually got shot out of my windshield, bounced off the expressway and died about a god damn foot away from the ocean

9. Holy shit, I'm going to go fly my car all over the god damn world.

First person to get an ET screenshot gets a rep
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.