Page 19 of 197 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV

1. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Until they show some new game play features it's nothing but a retread with pretty graphics.

I'd probably still play it because I enjoy the series but it's certainly nothing to get all excited about.

That said they probably do have some great tricks up their sleeves. I'm just not going to get excited until I see them.
    I agree with him solely because I just couldn't get hooked onto Vice City and San Andreas after playing through most of GTAIII. They're going to need some new ideas here to make me actually pick this one up.

Looks nice though, and what they have shown shows some possibilities.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Until they show some new game play features it's nothing but a retread with pretty graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This coming from a guy who bought Twilight Princess day one.

TP doesn't have pretty graphics.

4. Fuck, touche.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I'm speaking from a gamer's perspective, not Rockstar's perspective.
    So Rockstar should stop marketing their games because some people on message boards think Saints Row is better. Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    I hate to say it but I was expecting more graphically and they could have at least turned on the anti aliasing for the trailer. I'm not saying the graphics are terribly disapointing, but this is what I would have expected had it been a launch game for the 360 or something. Bitching aside- if they have end up with a stable frame rate I'll be very happy.
    Saints Row was a slightly after launch 360 game and this looks a lot better. So yeah. I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    -edit- Also, too much Crackdown makes me want to jump to the top of all these buildings. What's the point of all that vertical space if I can't play on it?
    SA had a jetpack.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    SA had a jetpack.
    Yeah, and helicopters, jetliners, Harrier jump jets, and stunt planes.

Crackdown was an amusing little game, but I fully expect GTAIV to destroy it in terms of content and gameplay. By fall, everyone will forget about Saint's Row and Crackdown (which is not to say either is a bad game).

Plus, October 16 is my birthday. Short of receiving simultaneous blowjobs from Rosario Dawson and Jessica Biel, I couldn't ask for a better birthday present.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    SA had a jetpack.
    and a jet, parachutes, choppers, hell you had your own airport.

8. This is true, GTA 3, VC, and SA had flight. But the buildings were things to fly around, not play on, and having a jet pack where one touch of the button keeps you hovering isn't the same as risking your neck hopping rooftops. It's not a deal-breaker or anything, I just enjoyed Crackdown to a ridiculous degree and wouldn't mind seeing GTA borrow a feature or two.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This is true, GTA 3, VC, and SA had flight. But the buildings were things to fly around, not play on, and having a jet pack where one touch of the button keeps you hovering isn't the same as risking your neck hopping rooftops. It's not a deal-breaker or anything, I just enjoyed Crackdown to a ridiculous degree and wouldn't mind seeing GTA borrow a feature or two.

James
    you also throw dumpsters and cars at people in crackdown. GTA is more of a simulator than anything, and you have done rooftop jumping in the other two, you cant make most the jumps on foot, and you did a lot of motorcycle jumping.

they may be in the same genre, but theyre both completely different in terms of gameplay style.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    So Rockstar should stop marketing their games because some people on message boards think Saints Row is better. Gotcha.
    Rockstar should market their games to show that Grand Theft Auto IV will be better than what's out right now, rather than hyping a trailer that barely shows anything.