Thread: Darker than black

1. Darker than black

I just stumbled across this new Studio Bones anime called Darker than black. So far its not been announced for license in the US. From the trailer I watched it reminds me of some weird hybrid of a present day Bebop, with psychic groups fighting each other. It also helps things a lot that Yoko Kanno has done the soundtrack for this.

Official Site

Heres a short description from ANN.

In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.
    and if you need further info, eye candy then check the trailer.

p.s things seem to be kinda quiet in max anime now days. Gonna try and spruce things up around here like old times once again.

2. Seriously. Very quiet.

Honestly, as an anime fan, anime's been kinda sucky lately. Also, who has time to sit through so much anymore?

3. To revive a thread from 2007; I've been watching this series which is on Netflix instant; and it's pretty damn good.

I really enjoy the characters, particularly the private eye who shows up now and then, the main character, and the lead female cop.

The only major problem, and it's the same one that Bebop really had, was the lack of reoccurring characters after you've had a character grow on you. I was pleasantly surprised when the Private Eye showed up again.