Page 10 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Yeah, noise from the speakers, voice from the BT headset.

I MIGHT, MIGHT get Halo 2 Vista. If I find it on sale or something.

2. Live for Windows demo

Gross. It's basically 360 on the PC, and has zero chance of ever taking off in its current form.

3. That's really disappointing. To say the least.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Live for Windows demo

Gross. It's basically 360 on the PC, and has zero chance of ever taking off in its current form.
    I didn't watch the demo,but have been in the beta, why do you say it has no chance of taking off in it's current form?

For one thing, the fact that the UI has to be built into every game instead of putting it in Vista is fucking retarded.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    For one thing, the fact that the UI has to be built into every game instead of putting it in Vista is fucking retarded.
    I can't argue with this, at all.

It was fun having live up and all, and hitting the guide button on the controller to make it come up.... when I was in the target window.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I didn't watch the demo,but have been in the beta, why do you say it has no chance of taking off in it's current form?
    It's funny how in 2000 we were all debating if MS would have a clue about the console market, and now they've lost all their common sense knowledge of the PC market.

They even said in the demo that it's "pretty much the same thing PC users have been using for years." No one's going to pay to use their shit. We all have AIM and we can hit our friends up to sign in a game whenever. It's not that tricky.

8. I was mainly referring to how the whole thing appears to be using an xbox 360 controller, but there are a lot of other reasons why it won't take off, not the least of which is the fact that all of this is free already. The only hope it has at this moment is if Age of Conan ends up using LFW to handle its subscription service.

9. Also, if you're building a new system soon, don't get an 8600GTS. Spend $30 more and get a much better card.

10. Since no one really goes to circuit board, I got a PC problem someone might be able to solve here.

My core PC is 1 year old and has started randomly re-starting and sometimes locking up completely. It will do this while browsing the web or playing a game. It is not over-heating nor do I have anything over-clocked. I formatted and did a fresh install of XP. I get no errors nor anything after re-boot.

I'm not sure if its a power supply issue( I recently got a 600watt antec) or if its my harddrive (which is a SeaGate,came stock with the machine.)

Any of you guys have any words of wisdom or similar problems in the past?