Page 1254 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 124012501252125312541255125612581268 ... LastLast
Results 12,531 to 12,540 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

Of course that's what the plan is. Who even has a disc drive in their PC anymore?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Of course that's what the plan is. Who even has a disc drive in their PC anymore?
    I do.

I have a lot of PC games on discs. I'm not that big on paying for digital content.

3. I have a BD Re-writer.

I never use it.

4. Me too. Although I did rip one bluray and add subs to it so I could watch the film.

5. I have an M-disc supported BD-writer, though I use it to back shit up often.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. Fry's has Lepa Aquachanger 240 on sale for $44 after a mail-in rebate.

I replaced the Coolermaster Hyper N520 on the 2500K rig in my living room with this nicely priced AIO water cooler. It's not as nice as the Corsair H110 I have in my main rig, but it's a lot better than air cooling.

Here's the temps of my 2500K @ 4.7Ghz with the CoolerMaster Hyper N520 running Prime 95 for 15 minutes.

And here's the Lepa Aquachanger 240's temps from a 40 minute run of Prime 95. My max tempts dropped by about 15-20 degrees.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 16 Jun 2017 at 10:31 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I don't see what financial benefit MS could gain from having Xbox BC on the PC, unless they somehow link it to the Windows store and sell digital copies. They could at least use Xbox BC as another reason to buy an Xbox One.
    It strikes me as really egregious for hardware companies to use the term "backwards compatibility" in scenarios like these when it turns out to just be re-selling older games digitally. Like, sure, it might be the same thing as far as developing the emulation, but in my mind I'll never be able to make that association.

It actually really bothers me. This is related to the Xbox conference more so than anything having to do with PCs. If you get up on the stage and say backwards compatibility, people better fucking be able to stick their old games into their new console and have it play off the disc. Nobody thought of the Wii's Virtual Console as "backwards compatibility." Simply selling some old shit on your virtual store is not a feature.

8. if its anything like the backwards compatibility for 360 games then it will be exactly as you want it, plug your disk in and the game recognizes, and then an updated digital copy downloads.

9. Yeah, it's pretty stupid. They obviously don't want to open the console up to software that has already earned its royalties, but call a spade a spade.
    When The PS2 came out with full BC, there was no licensing deals to be negotiated and no opportunity to re-sell old games. That was backward compatibility.

10. I'm confused. Do you think you have to pay for something when you pop a BC disc into the Xbone or something? Because you dont. You pop in your disc, and since there isnt a 360 shoved under the hood, the xbone detects what game is in there, and then downloads a recompilled version that will run on the one. Since it is an after thought, the process isnt the same as the ps2, but it's not like VC where you have to buy another version of what you already own, or pay an upgrade fee. If your disc is supported, pop it in. You'll be playing after it downloads.