Page 1255 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 124112511253125412551256125712591269 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,550 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If your disc is supported
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    it downloads
    Those things really differentiate this from backwards compatibility to me. As I've always seen it, backwards compatibility means newer hardware being compatible with your existing, previous-gen games. As in: insert disc, hardware reads disc, OS/emulator executes code on disc.

Xbox Ones aren't actually going to be compatible with original Xbox games.

It's nice that they've found a way to give out some free copies to people that already own the games, don't get me wrong. I'm sure nobody has beef with that gesture in particular. But I don't see how that alone turns it into BC. It's a voucher system aimed at giving people a backwards compatibility-like experience. You can still only play the games they've decided to start re-selling and you can still only play the new, virtual copy of the game so long as their servers are distributing it.

I dunno. Maybe I'm splitting hairs but none of that adds up to mean what they say it means.

Edit: Also, sorry for derailing thread.
    Last edited by koda; 23 Jun 2017 at 01:11 AM.

2. Official PC Thread

There are technical reasons why this works this way. As you surely know, platforms like the Wii, PS2, and first-run of PS3 had actual physical hardware that the Xboxen do not.

I think this is a distinction without a difference. I am playing the RDR I bought 6 years ago and everything works exactly as it should.

3. In other news the Steam sale is on. Sadly the sales are kind of poopy for some of the games I've been waiting on.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm confused. Do you think you have to pay for something when you pop a BC disc into the Xbone or something? Because you dont. You pop in your disc, and since there isnt a 360 shoved under the hood, the xbone detects what game is in there, and then downloads a recompilled version that will run on the one. Since it is an after thought, the process isnt the same as the ps2, but it's not like VC where you have to buy another version of what you already own, or pay an upgrade fee. If your disc is supported, pop it in. You'll be playing after it downloads.
    You don't have t re-buy it, but if the game isn't available for new customers to download as a digital purchase, they won't bother supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    In other news the Steam sale is on.

6. The new sales suck because they either aren't as deep or you bought everything anyway.

Gaben can go pound sand. I am over Valve. You can't do that Halflife 2 shit. I don't even care about 3. The game wasn't finished, and that's that. They deserve to be roasted for all time with that.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 23 Jun 2017 at 12:27 PM.

7. yeah steam sales have been mostly trash for the last couple of years

last really good one was when, 2014 maybe? (including all seasonal sales)

8. Steam sales are just a shitty Reddit meme these days but the fact is there are a lot of recent games you can get for lower prices than usual. Like I wish Shadow Tactics was lower but it's still a good price.

9. Oh I agree, I just remember when I went from 360 to PC, sold all the multiplats for less than what they were worth and still was able to buy a ton of stuff (some new, many the PC versions of the games I just sold) on my first real Steam sale.

10. Tons for me this summer. Nier Automata at $40, EDF 4.1 at $30, a couple indies like We Are Doomed for $2, Pinball Arcade Season 4 Pro $10. Plus a few other odds and ends I never got around to.