Page 1267 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 125312631265126612671268126912711281 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,670 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. or bulletstorm

2. It pisses me off that Bulletstorm no longer works on my PC because of Windows 10 and LIVE.

3. It looks like I was a lucky winner of a free copy of Shadow of Mordor. I got a free download of the game.

4. What are sensible defaults for keyboard controls in a 2D platformer? I don't play games with a keyboard, beyond WASD and arrow keys for movement I honestly have no idea what people would want.

I've made a button mapping menu but I would like a decent default. Four buttons plus select and start. Run, jump, attack/special and one extra.

5. According to Commander Keen 4, which worked pretty well at the time:
    Keyboard Controls

CTRL: Jump
    ALT: Activate pogo stick or stop pogo stick
    Up arrow: Look up
    Down arrow: Look down
    Left arrow: Go left
    Right arrow: Go right
    Spacebar: Fire
    Enter: View status
    Esc: View main menu

Main Menu Controls
    Up arrow: Scroll up
    Down arrow: Scroll down
    Enter: Enter an option
    Esc: Exit an option or quit game

PC gamers were pretty happy with "right hand movement, left hand actions" for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. DOS games loved Ctrl, alt, Shift, and Space. Japanese games loved using Z, X, and A instead.

7. Hmm. I guess I will just pick something and change it when everybody complains.

8. Unfortunately some of the biggest and easiest keys to press are clustered around the Windows key.

I generally use either mouse buttons or the numpad for buttons, and wasd for directions. Space bar is good for jumping, especially for fightmans.
    For laptop gaming I just use wasd and the right-hand home row.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Unfortunately some of the biggest and easiest keys to press are clustered around the Windows key.

I generally use either mouse buttons or the numpad for buttons, and wasd for directions. Space bar is good for jumping, especially for fightmans.
    For laptop gaming I just use wasd and the right-hand home row.
    So if wasd is movement and space is jump, how about the letter "I" for run, and "J" for attack/etc? Which key would feel better to hold down while you press other keys?

10. Control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!