Page 1268 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 12541264126612671268126912701272 ... LastLast
Results 12,671 to 12,680 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. I would say ALT.
    That way it will be more symmetrical in case someone is using the arrow keys instead of WASD.

2. OK. It doesn't need to be symmetrical, as the default will be suited for either wasd or arrow keys, whichever seems to be more commonly preferred. If someone wants different keys they can do that in the key mapping menu and set it to whatever they need.

Thanks for the input.

3. Everyone saw this today, right? The announcement of the true Star Control III from Fred Ford and Paul Reiche? It's pretty much the best game announcement of the year.

4. How good was Star Control 2? I've only played the original on the Genesis, and I felt that it needed a bit more to be a great game.

5. It's an all-time favorite that's a bit rusty around the edges but still a fantastic game even after all these years. Don't take my word for it, though- go play it! The Ur-Quan Masters is a freeware remake incorporating the upgrades from the 3DO version into it. The multiplayer is better thanks to more ships, and the single-player game is a huge, sprawling space epic with a killer storyline incorporating a huge amount of alien races.

6. Official PC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Everyone saw this today, right? The announcement of the true Star Control III from Fred Ford and Paul Reiche? It's pretty much the best game announcement of the year.
    I am wary of shit like this. These guys are old now. It isn’t the same.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    How good was Star Control 2? I've only played the original on the Genesis, and I felt that it needed a bit more to be a great game.
    2 was amazing. I played it on 3DO with enhanced speech!

8. Yeah, the first is nothing special, but Ur-Quan Masters is one of the best games ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I am too, but not jaded on the idea yet.
    That said, there is a whole lot that can go wrong with this. Voicework and writing are critical, and they really need to have Erol Otus on the art. That dude has an awesome, unique style and is still great! His work added an indispensable flavor to the game, and is always overlooked when people discuss how great it is.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    "Old" isn't a problem. "Worked on Skylanders for the last decade" might be, but not their age.

10. Honestly I'd take "worked on Skylanders" over "Idled on the fringes of game development" like a lot of these people, because they still know how to manage a modern game development team.

That's where a lot of old school Kickstarter revivals and such go wrong. The problems are often not so much creative as being unable to manage a project of the scale of modern game development.