Page 12 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 810111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I've played wow for hours on end, with a dual core, no overclocking, stays well below hot levels.
    You probably have a decent cooler on your chip, then. Also, WoW isn't exactly a demanding game.

2. True, but if I really want to I could run two copies of it and half life 2 and still be fine...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you know it isn't overheating? I only ask because my processor was overheating without ever overclocking it.
    well, I checked the temps for one, used some silver paste on the chip and also keep a clean, well ventilated machine. It also usually happens when I first boot up after being off for the night before. Its really random.

I just got done playing BF2 for an hour or so with zero issues so I'm thinking its a faulty power supply. I'll pick a new one up to check. Thanks everybody.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Signup for the Age of Conan beta has started. Also I think the Tabula Rasa signup is still going on.
    You guys who haven't signed up for this need to. It's going to be real time and violent, what more could you want?

5. Not doing another MMO.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Yeah... I'm done with MMO's after Warcraft. The only thing keeping me there are the awesome cats I met along the way.

7. I'm gonna follow Tain's lead and ask a question of my own. I have Vista up and running nicely. I installed the latest drivers for my vid card as well as for the nForce 4 AMD series chipset for my motheroard. Everything else was updated by Vista, and seems to be current.

The problem is, I have one unknown device of which I have no idea what it is. It says it is on the PCI ISA something something. Anyone have any idea what this could be?

8. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post

The problem is, I have one unknown device of which I have no idea what it is. It says it is on the PCI ISA something something. Anyone have any idea what this could be?
    Probably some motherboard feature that isn't recognized by Vista (or doesn't have drivers installed for it). I have an "unknown device" in my Vista install and it says "ATI" on it but my radeon drivers are installed and everything works great. I'm not paying it any mind. Basically if your pc is working great don't do a thing.

9. Just a warning to anyone considering getting Vista and using wireless, you're gonna need an access point so you can feed rj45 to your comp. Unless you like a 1000ms+ ping every 60 seconds.

10. Is that just you, or did you read that somewhere, because my brother has had no issues with Vista/Wireless and he's been running it since beta.