Page 17 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. FilePlanet subscribers get first dibs, but you can still download it for free from there if there are still slots open. I subscribe, so i don't care

2. The public beta for Quake Wars is only going to have one map, as it's really just being done to test things like game performance.

After the public beta runs its course, the demo will arrive, and it will likely feature a single campaign (3 maps).

Also, there is no official release date for Quake Wars at the moment. Anything you see on retailers' websites is just an unofficial ETA. The game will ship "when it's done."

Right now, the game is about 90%-95% done, so like I said on page three, a late July - early August release is likely.

3. wEEman.. when QW drops, I will be paying you back for all those Forza crashes I blamed on you.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. I already downloaded the beta for Quake Wars. If you have a file planet acount you can download it before they take it down off their website. I'll be willing to send the beta to anyone who needs it, and can't get it as well. You can't play the online game, you can only register yourself in ofline mode, and edit your settings. You'll be able to play it when they release the beta keys.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dlmgr_alt....&v=2.3.6.108:D
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

5. How do I get a QW beta key?

6. Straight from a developer blog on the QW community forums:

At long last, we are delighted to confirm the impending Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta. The ETQW Closed Beta has been going extremely well and yielding excellent results. We want to give more people the opportunity to give us feedback on the game so we’re going to open a Public Beta with 60,000 slots available. This way we’ll be able to test many more combinations of hardware, RAM, CPU, graphics card, drivers etc. than we’ve been able to ourselves, and also get a better idea of how the game plays for the general gaming public.

The Public Beta build will consist of a single map named “Sewer”, which is part of ETQW’s Pacific Campaign. Set in Japan, the map revolves around a Strogg base hidden in, well, a sewer. It’s an interesting mix of outdoor and indoor, vehicle and infantry combat, deployables and counter-deployables and good old-fashioned FPS combat.

If you’d like to help us finish ETQW, we’d really appreciate your participation. If you want to just play a game for free you may find it a frustrating experience. This Public Beta is not the Demo - it’s not the finished game, but an opportunity to get feedback from a large group of people while testing stability and performance on a wider range of hardware combinations. The Public Beta will also collect some information on your hardware configuration, so you shouldn’t apply unless you’re comfortable with that.

When the Public Beta opens, participants will be sent their unique license code that is required for play. As we don’t have the infrastructure necessary to download tens of thousands of clients, we’ve asked FilePlanet to help us distribute these license codes along with the beta clients.

A fixed number of beta slots are being set aside for Fileplanet subscribers, so if you already have a FilePlanet subscription, you’re in the front of the queue. The rest of the slots will then go to those with free FilePlanet accounts. To be clear: You don’t have to pay anyone anything to participate in the ETQW Public Beta. It’s up to you if you want to pay FilePlanet for use of the improved download services they provide.

We will reveal more details on the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta, including the official start date, in the near future. Hope to see you all online very soon!

7. That doesn't really answer my question about what I have to do or where I have to go.

8. Did you read the bolded part?

All you need to get into the public beta is a Fileplanet account; if you have a subscriber account, you can go ahead and download the public beta right now, but if you only have a free account, you'll have to wait a little longer.

No public beta CD-keys have actually been distributed yet, so even subscribers that have the public beta downloaded won't be able to play it until the public beta CD-Keys are officially given out.

9. So they're just going to browse TNL and know to send me a key? I'm sure there's a list to sign up for or something, but I can't find shit. I can't find the beta for download in the QW section on Fileplanet either. Zero's link doesn't work.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 18 Jun 2007 at 06:37 PM.

10. it's not out yet... when it drops.. you will have to get in line. As you download it from Fileplanet they will give you a key. If you are a paying member of fileplanet, you can download it now and get a key when it is released.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.