Page 25 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. This thread needs more Witcher. Interview at PAX

They showed more gameplay. Now I'm confused as to whether it plays like an old school RPG, like Morrowind etc, or if you can do either or. Someone tell me, because I don't know how to use Google.

Oh shit. The marwan virus has infected Schlep.

3. http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160785

There are also a few minor innovations to the genre, like a timing-based combat system with a simple mouse-only control setup (though you can use alternate setups for traditional wasd and hotkey controls)

4. If you guys interested in The Witcher didn't see this already, here's an 11 minute developer walkthrough. The combat towards the end...

HD versions

Quest Walkthrough #1
    Quest Walkthrough #2
    Last edited by Schlep; 29 Sep 2007 at 01:21 AM.

5. Yeah this looks like it has potential, and then on the same side it seems like just another Fantasy RPG.

6. Well, except the combat is about timing and is closer to God of War than it is Oblivion, it has moral choices that look more thought out than Mass Effect, the base material is written by an award winning author, and the game uses the Aurora engine (Bioware). No way of ever telling if a game will live up to the hype, but I'm looking for 9-9.5's on this one.

Most European-developed RPGs have two problems: poorly thought-out combat and horrible bugs. Those videos alleviate my worries about the former. Here's hoping that the game is also rock-solid. The presentation looks very polished, so I hope this isn't another Gothic 3 or Two Worlds where the game is rushed out the door without adequate testing.

8. Hellgate will probably fall by the wayside for me because of The Witcher. It's too bad it got pushed beyond this summer; that would've been the perfect time for a Diablo clone.

nameless_one - Did you ever end up getting Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts? I've been playing a bit, not as much as I want to because of school, but it's really good. I like playing as the British a lot more than the US or Wehrmacht, and I think it's just because the Brits are simpler to manage overall. Also, multiplayer what?

I'm going to say now, having played HG:L but not the Witcher, that there is no way the Witcher will be as good.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm going to say now, having played HG:L but not the Witcher, that there is no way the Witcher will be as good.
    \

Well that is only because you have to go against the crows and create a disturbance. And wtf at you being so PC is the shit but not having QWET. Stop being such a fuckin noob.