Page 2 of 1282 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    With everything decent coming to the 360, what's the point?
    Mouse and Keyboard control, what else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    With everything decent coming to the 360, what's the point?
    Indie games that won't ever show up on console. For example: Oasis, Gish, Darwinia, Defcon, and The Odyssey: Winds of Athena.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Indie games that won't ever show up on console. For example: Oasis, Gish, Darwinia, Defcon, and The Odyssey: Winds of Athena.
    Those 8800s are being taken to the limit.

4. GRAW 2 PC is coming out pretty soon (maybe the same time as the 360 version??) and I'll probably pick it up. I know not everyone dug it but I really enjoyed the pc GRAW fully patched up and find it superior in many cases over the 360 game. I prefer the map, commanding my teammates individually...etc. I'm not sure how different it'll be from the 360 game in terms of level design as GRAW pc was almost totally different (which is why I bought both).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. finally went gold awhile ago and I'm looking forward to it. I hope it turns out well. There is multiplayer beta out there now for fileplanet subscribers. Surprisingly there is very little talk of it in most pc gaming forums that I frequent.

Test Drive Unlimited is also coming out in a couple of weeks and its a fine game. I played the public beta and its pretty much identical to the 360 version though of course you can jack up the res, AA and AF settings..etc for superior visuals (if you have the hardware of course). Its a pretty good game to get if you don't have a 360.

Microsoft is offering folks a chance to test the beta version of Windows Live so you can connect to your 360 account and so on...

Games for Windows Live beta signup

I don't upgrade my computer every six months, and I'm glad that the PC games I play don't require it.

6. Add Alan Wake to that list of good times.

7. Left 4 Dead should hit this summer also.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. Release is March from what I read.

Don't forget about Dragon Age this fall.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    No problem. We'll defintely be into Quake Wars when it comes out, along with pretty much everything else this fall.

If you can pick up 2142 on the cheap, I recommend it. We all went through alot with EA's shittiness with BF 2 and early on in 2142, but they got 2142 running very well. There isn't NEARLY as many problems, esp with weapon balancing , as there was with BF2. Game loads alot faster and the ingame buddies list and VOIP is decent. The game is definitely centralized on infantry combat and not cheesy planes bombing you over and over again.

What are you playing nowadays, anyway?
    I'm with wEEman on this one. I've had enough of the BF series and with QW just around the corner, and beta testing, I have no need for BF.