Page 4 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. If I can use my 360 account info as GFW Live info, fine, but if not, lol @ cross platform play.

Then again, I don't think I'd bother with cross platform play much in the first place.

2. Sounds like they plan on having Live Gold for Windows to do cross platform play, not PC vs PC. Or it could be if you have a Live Gold for 360 you can also use that account for Windows. It can't be as retarded as it first seems, MS can't be that stupid. Either way a PC gamer isn't going to pay to play with 360 players.

3. We were talking in #tnl about building a ~$400 PC that could run Half-Life 2 and CS: Source and the attached pic is what I came up with: $452.93.

Btw, I was told today that the price on Core 2 Duos is going to drop by 20-30% on April 22nd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gravecomp.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	22920  

Online PC gaming as we know it is doomed.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exere...A1C89295FE.htm

5. Doomed? You made me think it was announced that Vista Live games require gold for online play or something, for a second.

6. Cross compatible with 360, so I really don't care. I wish there was more info, like if MS is going to run dedicated servers for games that support Live. Otherwise I can't imagine PC-exclusive gamers paying for Live. We've been playing for free online (or mostly free in the case of Kali) since the mid 90's. Before that if you count dialing directly from one comp to another.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    We were talking in #tnl about building a ~$400 PC that could run Half-Life 2 and CS: Source and the attached pic is what I came up with: $452.93.
    WHOA! Are you sure you want to skimp on the floppy drive like that?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You guys ready to pay for online play on PC?
    No, we're not. And MS will soon learn this.

9. I pay for online play on the 360. All this PC stuff sounds like a cool bonus to me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    No, we're not. And MS will soon learn this.
    Frogacuda Gold account by October. Guaranteed.
    -Kyo