Page 5 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. If you don't have a Live account yet, you don't like games. This has already been proven. So this is non-news.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    If you don't have a Live account yet, you don't like games. This has already been proven. So this is non-news.
    If you pay to play anything but an MMO online, you are a sucker. This has been proven first.

3. idbtn

4. Just to be clear, if this is just to give the extra benefits of live as a service, and you'll still be able to play online without paying for live, I have no problem with it. But if they actually want to lock-out non-Live subscribers from playing games online, they're arrogant and it will either cost them money or keep developers from actually supporting it.

If you make an Xbox game, Live is the only game in town. That's not true of the PC. Why would Valve want to make their game so that MS had exclusive rights to charge Valve's customers to play Valve's game? How does that make sense for Valve (or any developer)?
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Mar 2007 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I pay for online play on the 360. All this PC stuff sounds like a cool bonus to me.
    IBTN. If the Mogs don't have a gaming PC, I'm going to blow past their GamerScore.

6. Now are Live Gold accounts on the 360 and PC seperate? I dont think Id ever find myself paying for an online PC game outside of an MMO (which thankfully ive kept out of since FFXI).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Just to be clear, if this is just to give the extra benefits of live as a service, and you'll still be able to play online without paying for live, I have no problem with it. But if they actually want to lock-out non-Live subscribers from playing games online, they're arrogant and it will either cost them money or keep developers from actually supporting it.
    It's true. The Gamecube is gonna kill the Xbox.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    It's true. The Gamecube is gonna kill the Xbox.
    If there was a GameCube that played Xbox games online without having to pay, yeah it probably would have.

Explain to me how this would appeal to ANY PC developer?

9. PC gamers don't even buy their own games...you think they'll pay for a service to play them?

This probably doesn't affect actually PLAYING a game, but instead incorporates the features that makes the 360 the best gaming platform out there for multiplayer gaming.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    This probably doesn't affect actually PLAYING a game, but instead incorporates the features that makes the 360 the best gaming platform out there for multiplayer gaming.
    Like I said, if really is just a fee for access to Live's extra features and you can play online the old fashioned way without it, then I think it's fine, and it'll do ok.