Page 8 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Arcade has been on PC for years. We call it Mame.
    I was talking about the original stuff.

2. You know, if MS had half a brain, they'd find a way to marry the features of Live with the distribution functionality of Steam to create a free service that was profitable for everyone involved.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I wonder if they'll bring arcade to PC too. If they do it might result in an interesting rivalry with Steam.
    I think this is why Gabe has been busting Vista and Microsofts chops in recent interviews.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I was talking about the original stuff.
    Gotcha.

5. Seems like the 8600's are already being benchmarked. I'll be interested to see if they can outperform the 8800GTS's, since they're about the same price.

As promised, we will provide you some glimpse on the performance of the upcoming GeForce 8600 GTS and 8600 GT graphics cards. On a Core 2 Extreme X6800 processor, GeForce 8600 GTS scored a pretty impressive 5,7xx pts in 3DMark06 which is slightly faster than the 7950GT while 8600 GT churned out 4,7xx pts in 3DMark06 overshadowing a 7900GS. It seems that a 128-bit memory interface is not stopping 8600 series from churning out some nice performance.
    http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4775
    Last edited by Schlep; 15 Mar 2007 at 05:44 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    If you don't have a Live account yet, you don't like games. This has already been proven. So this is non-news.
    Meh, the only games I've ever played online are Mario Kart and Tetris on my DS.

If you don't own a Neo Geo MVS you don't like games.
    If you don't own an arcade cabinet you don't like games.
    If you don't have your systems modded for RBG you don't like games.
    If you've never built your own custom controller you don't like games.

The online thing is just OK but you gotta' take care of the real issues first.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    If you don't have your systems modded for RBG you don't like games.
    Shut up.

I'll bet $1,000,000 that Cheebs doesn't have his systems modded for RBG.

9. rgb > rbg imo

10. http://pc.ign.com/articles/777/777532p1.html

Fairly in depth interview on ET: Quake Wars. He wouldn't give an exact release date, but it's sounding like summer/early fall. My guess is at the very least, people who show up to Quakecon should be able to get a beta disc.