Page 1064 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 105010601062106310641065106610681078 ... LastLast
Results 10,631 to 10,640 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. That would be Starcraft.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    When the fuck did James stop signing his posts?
    About a two or three weeks ago. gameoverdude also posted non-game music not too long after.

This must have some sort of cosmic significance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homer-says-the-end-is-near.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	75517

4. In light of the recent piracy discussion, I found this article to be amusing. Why don't developers do more stuff like this to thwart piracy? Seems to me that making a game unplayable/unenjoyable would be the way to go.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

5. Because you'll always get weird edge cases where somebody has a unique setup that triggers the anti-piracy tricks despite using a legitimate copy. It happens with "real" DRM too, but at least the error messages make it clear. Meanwhile, screwing with the game mechanics makes it just seem busted if the user doesn't realize what is going on.

6. Also, playing Far Cry 4 without Uplay would be nice.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    In light of the recent piracy discussion, I found this article to be amusing. Why don't developers do more stuff like this to thwart piracy? Seems to me that making a game unplayable/unenjoyable would be the way to go.

Crysis Warhead

If you pirate the otherwise-average Crysis follow-up you’ll run into a surprise the first time you fire a gun to discover that all the bullets have been replaced by chickens. Are the chickens alive? It’s hard to tell because it turns out chickens experience quite a lot of bullet drop and soon hit the ground with speed enough to KO a heavyweight boxer.

The trouble with this anti-piracy technique is that it seems to improve the game somewhat. Shotguns fire a deadly spread of chickens, which is brilliant, and machineguns spit them out at a terrifying rate, and it’s hilarious to spray away while your enemies shout things like “aaaargh!” and “stop that!”

8. Drift Stage continues to look amazing, but I hope that "snap" when coming out of a drift doesn't appear in the final game.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    . Seriously, what is this major group of millions that you think are heavily invested in the tale of SC yet cared so little they didn't bother to pick up HOTS to see where it was going?
    HOTS was the top selling PC title in 2013.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...estselling_pc/

10. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    In light of the recent piracy discussion, I found this article to be amusing. Why don't developers do more stuff like this to thwart piracy? Seems to me that making a game unplayable/unenjoyable would be the way to go.
    They don't because it requires a lot more effort and is cracked just as fast. The only positive outcome is a couple of people who don't know better posting on official forums and outing themselves as pirates without realizing it. I remember the Serious Sam 3 invincible monster anti-piracy thing being posted on here after it had already been cracked. The teams doing this stuff work faster than word-of-mouth.

But, yeah, they are often pretty inventive and funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    HOTS was the top selling PC title in 2013.
    So? HOTS was a fraction of the previous entry's sales, taking a month to not sell as much as WOL did in two days. Less people obtained it, legally and illegally, regardless of it doing well for itself in a separate comparison. Also: If the people pirating are the ones who only want the campaign and the ones buying it are doing so for the multiplayer, then HOTS being a great seller that year only disproves your point even more.