Page 6 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Explain to me how this would appeal to ANY PC developer?
    Easy. MS throws them a % of the take, or they enable microtransactions that weren't previously viable.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If there was a GameCube that played Xbox games online without having to pay, yeah it probably would have.

They get money out of it. Next question.
    -Kyo

3. MS isn't giving devs a piece of their action, especially if Live accounts on PC and Xbox are unified. You're delusional. It doesn't make sense. If MS was handing everyone a cut of live pretty soon they'd have given away a huge chunk of their profits. Unless it was like 0.1% in which case it wouldn't be much of an incentive to developers.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 07 Mar 2007 at 01:39 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The added influx of achievement whores to games that support Windows Live will probably lead to noticably better game sales on average. Just as it's a likely factor in the 360's larger than average tie ratio.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    MS isn't giving devs a piece of their action, especially if Live accounts on PC and Xbox are unified. You're delusional. It doesn't make sense. If MS was handing everyone a cut of live pretty soon they'd have given away a huge chunk of their profits. Unless it was like 0.1% in which case it wouldn't be much of an incentive to developers.
    That's exactly how it works on Xbox. I forget the exact cut they get.
    -Kyo

6. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    That's exactly how it works on Xbox. I forget the exact cut they get.
    They don't have a choice on Xbox. If they want to make their game online, they support Live. If they get a cut that's bonus, not incentive, savvy?

Locking some people out of your game is going to cost you money. MS would have to compensate them for that for it to be worth it, and they aren't going to do that.

7. I still don't see how this could be anything but paying for fancier aspects of the service and cross-platform play.

8. so if you already have an xbox live gold account, then the live account is free right?

i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere, but it's not really clear yet.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Yeah, it's free. That much is clear.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    so if you already have an xbox live gold account, then the live account is free right?

i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere, but it's not really clear yet.
    Yes. I imagine some PC developers might be looking to sell games to people without Xboxes, though.