Page 1281 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 126712771279128012811282 LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,810 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. So, MS released a beta 19042.421 update for Windows 10 on July 24th. I was on my PC in the livingroom, trying to download the Halo: Master Chief Collection, when I'd noticed I was getting an error. I found out that I needed to update Windows 10, before it would allow me to download the titles. A few hours later, after the update and the download, I tried connecting my wireless Xbox 360 controller and it wouldn't link up. I kept updating the drivers for the wireless device and it still kept saying it was an unknown device. I'm either going to have to wait until they patch it, again, or buy a Xbox One controller and connect it with Blue-tooth.

Im going to start upgrading my pc. Everything except the psu is going. Psu is a evga 850 80bronze modular. Im going from a 4670k to a ryzen 5 3600. I'm upgrading from 8gig ddr2 1800 to 32gigs of ddr4 3000 cl16. Is that to slow for ryzen?

3. You want 3600 for Ryzen, or 3200 CL14.
    Last edited by gamevet; 06 Aug 2020 at 10:07 PM.

4. Aren't the new Nvidia gpus going to be announced soon. That might drive down the price of the older cards
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Aren't the new Nvidia gpus going to be announced soon. That might drive down the price of the older cards
    On the contrary I think they're getting a little scarce and it'll probably be a minute before we get replacements for middle tier stuff

Cool, thank you

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    On the contrary I think they're getting a little scarce and it'll probably be a minute before we get replacements for middle tier stuff
    Everything is getting scarce, because a lot of electronics are manufactured in China, which has had a lot of lockdowns in their manufacturing plants. Even PC power supplies are in high demand, because of the lack of stock.

8. So far I've only noticed that things that actually ship directly from China are getting more expensive or out of stock. I think Canada is probably doing a little better supply chain wise, though. Stores are mostly well stocked.

9. It comes in waves. It probably has to do with when a ship from China hits the shores. About a month ago, you couldn't find a decent motherboard for Ryzen or Intel at MicroCenter, because the stock was all cleaned out. They've just recently got a bunch of stock back on shelves. Get em' now, or wait for the next boat.

Owners of any of the Mafia games can get a free upgrade to the defninitive edition of each game, including Mafia 3. I played about 30 minutes of the game, and it certainly has better textures, but things like clothes and some models really show their age.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Owners of any of the Mafia games can get a free upgrade to the defninitive edition of each game, including Mafia 3. I played about 30 minutes of the game, and it certainly has better textures, but things like clothes and some models really show their age.
    Isn't that game like 3 years old?