Page 19 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Says my hardware isn't good enough. I'm running a 7950 with 512 mgs of ram, athlon X2 4200 and 2 gigs of ram. Fuck Fileplanet.

2. Something must be wrong, because I play with a Nvidia 6800, a gig of RAM, a 3.0 ghz Pentium 4 processor, and I am up to about 30-50 FPS in the current build.

3. Downloaded and installed, but I can't get it to connect.

4. Totally lied on the system specs. We'll see if I can actually run it.

5. played it, liked it, will buy it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Totally lied on the system specs. We'll see if I can actually run it.
    What kind of machine do you have?

The game is running on a modified Quake IV engine, so it isn't too demanding as far as specs go; the new engine is really well-optimized too, so it still runs well on older machines like mine.

7. can anyone create a damned account? And how do I enter my key in. It just says it can't connect.

8. I created my account, no problem.

9. new rebuild of Quake 3 on id's new engine, coming for free

The highlight thus far is that they are remaking Quake 3 Arena with the new Tech 5 engine and will releasing it for free. This will all be done by id's new 2nd development team.
    The final goal is to make a full Quake id Tech 5 title, but obviously that will take a ton of time to develop. Quake Zero is all about taking Quake 3, improving it a bit, fixing a few things, and then releasing it as a free download for all gamers. It'll run at 60hrtz on all machines, and focuses on tournaments, community building, ect.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Something must be wrong, because I play with a Nvidia 6800, a gig of RAM, a 3.0 ghz Pentium 4 processor, and I am up to about 30-50 FPS in the current build.
    I think its just a Fileplanet thing. Not too worried about it. I already got my copy paid for. Hopefully they're still on track for the Sept. release date.

Also, Quake 3 with the new engine will be hot!!