Page 1009 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 99510051007100810091010101110131023 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

I like funnybooks.

2. How is the bookread of those funnybooks?

3. "Retro" is a prefix that literally means "backwards" or "behind" -- know your Latin, noobs. The word itself implies a throwback to past times, like in the words "retroactive" (a present-day change that affects the past) or "retrograde" (backwards motion).

"Vintage," "antique," "relic," etc. refer to a real old ass thing existing in real old ass times, not fake clone shit that is going back to the past for inspiration.
    Last edited by jyoung; 23 Jul 2014 at 09:09 PM.

4. I took four years of Latin in high school. I know what it means. We all know what it means. Stop being a poop.

You poop.

5. Here's a tip: If you go to dictionary.com for an argument on a forum, it's probably worth wondering "Is this worth my time?"

6. I'm pretty glad that people just understand what I'm talking about when I say "old games".

7. reminds me of a classic gaming convention back in 2004 (maybe 2005?) I think

I was bragging about how Master won the classic gaming tournament and some guy said, 'What game? Counterstrike?'

so some people don't know what old games mean

8. Wasn't CS only a couple of years old at that point? I think that was just a stupid person.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's not what he was arguing:
    I'm just arguing that some people use the term that way, especially in the context of gaming, and I was being more specific. You're the one that took umbrage, not me.

What FirstBlood said was right and Frog's use and then insistence of literal meaning was wrong.

The retro ship has sailed. That battle was fought and lost long ago. You can be the stalwart holdout and come off as an asshole if you want. I stay away from the term and say "old games" like Tain mentioned, but I understand what people mean when they use it and skip on being the professor.

Have to admit my instant reaction to seeing neo-retro used to describe one of the few things that is actually retro puckered my asshole the same way Metroidvania does. I'd let it slide on any other forum or in irl human interaction, but I'm glad that we can take up pages of discussion about it here.

Also Korly got mad and that's always a plus.