Page 7 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

That is a dwindling market.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    I still don't see how this could be anything but paying for fancier aspects of the service and cross-platform play.
    At the moment and in the immediate future, that's all it'll be.

But as I'm sure you've read at GAF, there is a feeling that Microsoft will eventually come out with a super-must-have game in their Games for Windows series that is going to require Live for Windows to play online. And honestly, I don't think it's that farfetched.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    WHOA! Are you sure you want to skimp on the floppy drive like that?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16821152004

The most expensive drive on the site. Now you're playing with power.

4. I wonder if they'll bring arcade to PC too. If they do it might result in an interesting rivalry with Steam.

5. I'm pretty sure Arcade is going to be on the PC as well.

6. Can you play XBLA games if you cancel your subscription?

7. I would imagine so. You're able to download Arcade games with Live Silver, aren't you?

8. Arcade has been on PC for years. We call it Mame.

Anyway, I don't really like this news at all, but i don't see it being huge on PC. I'm sure there will be good games that are on Live, but most of the big ones won't do it. This will flop. Most adults on PCs aren't looking for acievements to show off on the internet.

9. Well the main failing point of achievements on PC, to me, is that most PC gamers don't play a whole lot of games like console gamers do. Really active console gamers tend to pick up a new game every 2-4 weeks (or even more often). Most PC gamers get a couple games and play them forever. If achievements are limited to 1000 points, then it won't even make sense.

For example, I've played Subspace off and on now for 11 years. I can't imagine that game with 1000 achievement points, because it wouldn't make sense. I mean would the final achievement be "Play for 10,000 hours!"?
    Last edited by Schlep; 07 Mar 2007 at 04:23 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    I loved BF2, but the series started to decline with Special Forces. 2142 I played the demo for an hour or two, and that was long enough to realize I had no interest whatsoever in it.

I'm also interested in the Quake Wars beta.

Agreed - BF peaked with 42.
    Quote Originally Posted by remnant
    I live in the fastlane bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats how we roll, ride or die bitch.