Page 1147 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 113311431145114611471148114911511161 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,470 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I believe it.
    I think coffee grounds and orange peels is a pretty new and exciting effect

Without even installing it, Win10 has added value for me. I scrutinized my SSD's free space and managed to free up over 15GB worth of bullshit. Now I have plenty of room for the upgrade when the time is right. My wife's laptop is going to be my guinea pig, since she has Win8.1 and thus nothing to lose.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Without even installing it, Win10 has added value for me. I scrutinized my SSD's free space and managed to free up over 15GB worth of bullshit. Now I have plenty of room for the upgrade when the time is right. My wife's laptop is going to be my guinea pig, since she has Win8.1 and thus nothing to lose.
    This was exactly my scenario. I did the 8.1 laptop last night, and it went off without a hitch, carried over all my installed programs, really the most no-hassle Windows upgrade I've ever had. It seems like a nice improvement over 8. I'm still ambivalent as to whether it's better than 7, but I'm going to upgrade anyway before they close the loophole on pirated copies of Windows. Once DX12 becomes important I'll probably be glad I did.

4. I'm still waiting to get my notification to download Windows 10.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I'm still waiting to get my notification to download Windows 10.
    Same here.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. You don't have to wait you can just download the upgrade installer and go.

7. Actually it looks like SolForge on Steam has some issues for most people who upgraded to 10. I guess I can hold off a little bit while that's addressed.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    You don't have to wait you can just download the upgrade installer and go.
    Where's that? I think I'm going try to do a fresh 8.1, do the upgrade and then do the clean install when I look at my key (you said you can see your key somewhere after you upgrade, right?)

The reason why W10 is cool for me is because it seems much smaller and I don't want 50 GB clogging up my SSD. Plus I don't like upgrading OSes. I like to start 100% clean.

9. Official PC Thread

I just want to point out I upgraded my Mac OS four times with zero problems. And I also transferred my data to another Mac and updated that one once.

Microsoft's gonna Microsoft.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Where's that? I think I'm going try to do a fresh 8.1, do the upgrade and then do the clean install when I look at my key (you said you can see your key somewhere after you upgrade, right?)

The reason why W10 is cool for me is because it seems much smaller and I don't want 50 GB clogging up my SSD. Plus I don't like upgrading OSes. I like to start 100% clean.
    I'm stealth-posting from work on an e-paper Kindle and going from memory so forgive me if this is wrong or mistyped but I believe the url is: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have it installed go to control panel > system and you can see it at the bottom of the window.