Page 1104 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 109011001102110311041105110611081118 ... LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. If the developers are cool with paid mods I'm cool with paid mods.

So it's 2003 again and we're paying for doom and start raft level packs again?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    So it's 2003 again and we're paying for doom and start raft level packs again?
    Is that like a River Raid prequel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. LOL.

I didn't even know people paid for StarCraft packs. I had D!Zone...it let you randomize the objects in the maps. Cyberdemons would clip in the environment

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The modder gets 25% of the price, btw.
    This is a most important observation.
    This isn't being done for the modder's sake.

6. So is technical support provided for these mods? I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    This is a most important observation.
    This isn't being done for the modder's sake.
    I suspect that's the same cut they get on stuff like the TF2 hats. I'm not sure what cut you expect when you use someone else's IP and someone else's store and delivery system. I know digital authors that release books on iTunes only get 30% if they use a service to format and publish, so it's hardly out of line with precedent.

I guess the fact that Gabe isn't running a charity is also an important observation.

8. This is more or less what Epic was planning for the business model for Unreal Tournament 4. I don't really have a problem with it as long as all parties are on-board. It's kind of a good way for people to break into development, and maybe reinvest.

better be some awesome fucking shit, is all I have to say. Better be the best mods, ever.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I suspect that's the same cut they get on stuff like the TF2 hats. I'm not sure what cut you expect when you use someone else's IP and someone else's store and delivery system. I know digital authors that release books on iTunes only get 30% if they use a service to format and publish, so it's hardly out of line with precedent.

I guess the fact that Gabe isn't running a charity is also an important observation.
    It seems to me that the people doing the least of the work yet receiving the most of the reward would be the ones receiving charity, not the other way around.
    Just because exploitation is the precedent doesn't make it correct.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 26 Apr 2015 at 08:00 AM.