Page 11 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. Run memtest.

2. i'm no expert, but sounds like a bad power supply to me...

do you have one you can swap in to check?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    I was mainly referring to how the whole thing appears to be using an xbox 360 controller, but there are a lot of other reasons why it won't take off, not the least of which is the fact that all of this is free already. The only hope it has at this moment is if Age of Conan ends up using LFW to handle its subscription service.
    here is the thing, it's fantastic for 360 users that have a boss setup.

I happen to be in said demographic. I have 360 accessories I can use, and I won't have to pay for LFW since I have it on 360.

4. Is Microsoft trying to market this shit strictly to 360 users that already pay for live, though, or do they actually expect anyone to pay for the service for Windows?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    here is the thing, it's fantastic for 360 users that have a boss setup.

I happen to be in said demographic. I have 360 accessories I can use, and I won't have to pay for LFW since I have it on 360.
    Said demographic is tiny.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    Said demographic is tiny.
    Shit doesn't matter to me, I'll live if it takes off or doesn't.

7. Since no one really goes to circuit board, I got a PC problem someone might be able to solve here.

My core PC is 1 year old and has started randomly re-starting and sometimes locking up completely. It will do this while browsing the web or playing a game. It is not over-heating nor do I have anything over-clocked. I formatted and did a fresh install of XP. I get no errors nor anything after re-boot.

I'm not sure if its a power supply issue( I recently got a 600watt antec) or if its my harddrive (which is a SeaGate,came stock with the machine.)

Any of you guys have any words of wisdom or similar problems in the past?
    Out of curiosity, how do you know it isn't overheating? I only ask because my processor was overheating without ever overclocking it.

8. Yeah, my processor overheats during long gaming sessions, sometimes, too, without any overclocking. If you have a dual core and stock cooling, expect heat issues.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, my processor overheats during long gaming sessions, sometimes, too, without any overclocking. If you have a dual core and stock cooling, expect heat issues.
    I've played wow for hours on end, with a dual core, no overclocking, stays well below hot levels.

10. My CPU fan grate thing got really fucking dusty to the point it cut off airflow. It was pretty gross.

Sure enough, cleaning it solved all. Seems like an obvious thing.