Page 1263 of 1282 FirstFirst ... 124912591261126212631264126512671277 ... LastLast
Results 12,621 to 12,630 of 12812

Thread: Official PC Thread

1. I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, but this guy has a well researched rant about just how shady Intel has been within the industry going on decades. I almost feel ashamed that all of my PCs have had Intel CPUs.

I'm still pissed I essentially had to put an Intel in my current build. I hadn't had one since 2003 before that, but AMD didn't even try to compete for several years.

3. Yea when I build my next PC (scheduled to be "next year" since 2013) I'll probably go Ryzen.

4. I'm more than happy with my 4790k build with a GTX 1080 Classified, but I have a 2500k rig in the living room that will need to be upgraded soon. I've been toying with the idea of building a rig using AMD's Ryzen 1600, and I really think that it might happen within the next year.

5. Of all the computers I've bought or built for myself, only three used Intel CPUs.
    Those were three of the better ones all things considered, so I'm not especially outraged.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Of all the computers I've bought or built for myself, only three used Intel CPUs.
    Those were three of the better ones all things considered, so I'm not especially outraged.
    Yeah, me too, but I think a lot of that had to do with AMD being crippled, financially, because of all of the illegal practices by Intel that kept them from making money. AMD was almost out of business, until Intel paid them $1.25 billion for their illegal monopolistic practices that kept AMD from competing. Intel paid Dell computers @ $6 billion in incentives to ensure that they did not use any AMD CPUs in their computers. That's a huge blow against AMD's profit line and it led to them not having enough money to put behind the R&D they needed to stay competitive.

You should check out the video. You'd be amazed at just how much money Intel paid computer manufacturers around the world to not use AMD CPUs in their computers, and how most of the major countries in the world stepped up to try to counter their antitrust practices. Intel pretty much got a slap on the hand, compared to how much money they'd spent to keep competition out of the market. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/te...gy/05chip.html
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Jul 2017 at 11:24 PM.

7. I listened to it last night. I actually knew about all of those things, but hearing it all at once really drives home the extent of their fuckery.
    The truly sad part for me is that with all the bullshit going on with the x86 CPU market, the AIM group still couldn't build a competitive PowerPC chip. The G3 and G4 were adequate, but after that it was a train wreck.

8. AMD pricing announcements for Thread Ripper and Vega have arrived.

Someday my willpower is going to waver, and I'm going to have one of these.

10. I am impressed that TR has the clocks it does. But my 4770K is near the gaming lead...boring